Chapter 78: December 3- Madison Square Garden

Niall's P.O.V

I was sitting up in bed with a mug of natural lemon-ginger tea between my hands. I had a hangover. A really bad hangover. My mum's tea was the only way the pounding in my head would disappear.

"Why do you drink so much, Niall?" my mum asked, sadly, "alcohol can take over your life."

"My sweet mother, we've talked about this before. I only drink this much when I'm partying or when I'm nervous. In this case, it was for both because I'm so nervous about today but I also had to party about it."

"Alcohol was the reason your father and I got a divorce. He was an alcoholic." (A/N I just made this up)

My jaw clenched, "Mom, he was an alcoholic. I won't turn out like him. I can control it."

I didn't have anything against my dad, I loved him. I still love him, but things got out of hand a couple years ago. My mum filed for divorce a few days after and got full custody over Greg and I. My dad wasn't allowed to get us on weekends until he was clean or at least until he stopped drinking twenty-four-seven.

"I don't want to see you relationship go down the toilet like mine did. I've seen you upset over a girl before, I can't see it again. A mother's heart isn't strong enough to see her babies go through so much pain." she whispered.

I pulled her in for a hug, "I'm sorry, ma, I won't drink as much, okay? And I won't let my relationship with Jasmine go down the toilet."

She nodded, "I called her a little while ago. She was feeling nervous... for you boys. Crazy one, that girl!"

"She's my crazy girl!" I smiled as we heard a knock at the door.

"But she's a keeper." she winked, getting up to see who was knocking, "Liam, darling, come in."

"Morning, Maura! You're looking lovely today." he smiled.

"I need to look my best, now don't I? My boys have a big performance tonight!"

"Right you are," he laughed, "hey, Niall! How are you feeling?"

"I could be better! Damn, I don't remember a thing that happened last night." I groaned.

"Seriously, mate?"

"Yea, why do you look so surprised?"

"Because! You don't remember what went down last night. You've earned some mad respect from the boys and I after what you did last night!"

"What did I do?" I furrowed my eyebrows, sitting up straighter.

"Try to remember." he smiled.

I closed my eyes and thought back to the night before.

"I kinda remember a brunette, no, a red head clinging to me all night."

"Anything else?"

"Was she giving me a lap dance, Liam?" I asked, quietly.

"She was! She knew you were piss drunk and she knew you'd let her because Jasmine isn't here to keep you...occupied."

"Shit, shit, shit! When she finds out what I've done... Damn it!" I pulled at my hair.

"Do you think we'd have mad respect for you if you let that girl do why she was doing?" Liam rolled his eyes.

"So, I didn't let her?"

"Hell no! Even though you were wasted, you got so angry. You were all like, 'get off me' and 'I have a girlfriend.' My favourite was when you were like, 'you think I'm gonna let a slag like you try to ruin my relationship just so you can say you hooked up with me? Stupid cunt.' Dude, you are a legend!"