Chapter 66: November 1- Trying To Fix Something So Broken

Sam's P.O.V 

I shut off my alarm clock and groaned. I did not want to get out of bed. I did not want to go to school, and I sure as hell did not want to see Xavier's face today. Or ever.

It literally took all my will power to push the covers off, roll out of bed, and walk into the bathroom. I showered, put on my uniform, and headed back into my room, where I saw Rav cleaning up a little.

"Uh, morning Rav!" I smiled.

"Oh, my god, Sam!" she ran over and wrapped her arms around me, "how are you?"

I shrugged, "I could be better."

"I'm really sorry you and Harry ended like that! Seriously though, you don't even have to school today."

"I want to stay but I need to pass my midterm, which means I actually have to show up to math."

"Okay, well, Zayn's downstairs to take you to school." she smiled sweetly at me.

I forced a smile, "Thanks, Rav, I'll be down in a minute."

She nodded and left my room, shutting the door gently behind her.

I stood in front of my mirror and did up my tie. I suddenly started to cry. The tears wouldn't stop falling. I felt like complete shit because of what I did to Harry. He didn't deserve to be treated like that when he treated me like the only girl in the world. Although I was drunk, I couldn't blame the alcohol for my actions. On the other hand, it was really dark and Xavier had tricked me by convincing me he was Harry.

I wiped my eyes and sighed, "Time for school."

I threw on my backpack and went downstairs. Zayn was half asleep on the couch when I walked into the living room.

"You don't have to take me to school, you know? I can take a cab or something." I mumbled.

He got up and shook his head, "No, it's alright. I actually volunteered to take you today."

He gave me a crooked smile and we headed down to his car.

On the way to school, Zayn went through a drive-thru Starbucks.

"My treat to you, babe." he said, handing me a white hot chocolate.

"Are you pitying me? If you are, please stop. I don't want any of your pity." I grumbled.

"I am not pitying you, Sam! Gosh, you make it so hard to care about and treat you sometimes!" he said, defensively.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Zayn. You're being so nice and I'm treating you like crap. I- I have no idea what's gotten into me. The break up up is taking a toll on my interaction skills, sorry."

"Don't apologize, darling. I know how it feels when you break up with someone you love. I just want you to know that you have all of us to love and support you. We care about you so much, Sam, you're the baby of our little group and we want to see you smile all the time. Jasmine will be here maybe later tonight and I know for a fact that she will help you through this more than the gang put together, after all, you two are sisters. But, be positive because you will make it over this little bump, it's just life throwing an obstacle at you."

I tried not to cry as I smiled at him, "Wow, Zayn, I really needed to hear that. Thank you so much."

"No thanks needed, love. Have a great day at school and I'll make sure you see your surprise right when you walk out at three."

"Surprise? What surprise?"

"Now, telling you would defeat the whole purpose of the idea," he winked, kissing my cheek, "I'll see you soon, babe."