Chapter 27- Chances

Kyler's POV:

"Kyler, will you be my girlfriend?" I heard him say, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I looked down at my feet, shaking my head no. "I can't. I'm sorry." I mumbled quietly.

"W-why?" He asked, softly grabbing my chin and pulling my head up to look at him. All I saw was hurt in his beautiful brown eyes.

"Liam, what would the fans think? They would hate me, they already think I used Harry for money, now what would they think if I'm with you?" I said.

"I don't care what they think. And you shouldn't either. Kyler, if they are real fans, they'll understand that I'm happy with you, and you aren't using us." He answered.

"I don't know if I'm ready. Harry kissed Danielle, everything with Nathan, what if they find out? I'm not risking the band's friendships, and I don't want Nathan to hurt you. I won't let that happen. And how am I supposed to trust you when all anyone has ever done is hurt me?"

"Kyler, I would never, ever do that to you. I promise." He convinced me, and somehow, I started to trust him. Because I know that he will keep my past a secret, so how could he ever hurt me?

"Liam, how am I supposed to know you really love me? What if you just think you do because you feel bad for me? And how do I know that I really love you?" I asked.

He grabbed my hands, intertwining our fingers, which made my heart start racing. He brought my hand up to his chest, and I could feel his heart racing too? "Feel that? It's because of you. I love you, Kyler. And I will keep telling you I love you until you believe it." He said softly. "And do I know if you really love me? No, I don't. I don't know what goes on in that pretty little head of yours. The only thing I'm positive about is the way I feel about you." He said.

Our fingers were still laced together as I sighed. I looked up at him, and he was staring straight at me, neither of us breaking eye contact. "I-I love you, Liam." I smiled, before he leaned in, kissing me. When we pulled away, I finished and said: "But, we can't be together. Not right now." He looked hurt, very hurt. But, he has no idea how I feel. I'm so confused, and hurt, and I don't know what to do. But, I know that being with him will just make things worse for both of us.

I expected him to be angry, I expected him to yell at me, but he just looked upset. "I'll always be here, I'll always wait for you, Kyler. And most importantly, I will always love you. Remember that." He whispered, before giving me a small hug.

"Let's go to bed, you need to rest. I got a text from Tori, her and Niall won't be here until morning because their flight got delayed. So I'm taking you shopping or something tomorrow." He said, bluntly. "As friends." He added. It was now about 2 AM.

"I-I'll be right back, go on to bed, I won't disturb you when I come back." I smiled, then rushing out of the guest bedroom, before he could say anything.

I walked quickly down the hallway, then walked out onto the balcony facing the ocean. I sat there for a minute, before standing up and jumping on the rail, then jumping up to the roof. Something I had done at my old house when I needed some alone time.

I sat down and brought my knees to my chest, resting my chin on my knees.

I'm so confused. I feel like I should have said yes, because I do love Liam, more than I've loved anyone else. I know I can trust him with my secrets, I just don't know if I can trust him with my heart. He is one of the sweetest guys I know, but he did hurt me once, he can do it again. And, if Nathan found out, he'll hurt Liam. More than he hurts me. I know that. And I really need to talk to Harry and Louis and Austin first. Harry, because me and him just broke up and I care for him. And Austin and Louis because they are my best friends, with the best advice.