Twenty Five

"I-I'm sorry Matt, where is Joe?" Emily inquired hoping that nobody would come into the kitchen and see Joe as he was. Especially Demi, she was pregnant and she didn't want him to harm the baby. She was incredibly scared of what could happen, when Joe was like this he was unpredictable, it was scary to see her best friend like this.

"He's not coming back." Joe spat Emily carefully standing up.

"Please Matt, it's about Elliot." Emily encouraged seeing Joe's expression soften slightly, she wondered if she had her best friend back.

"Elliot?" He questioned Emily nodding his head.

"You remember Elliot right?" Emily questioned Joe nodding his head. "He wants his daddy." Joe didn't say anything else, just blinked a couple of times before he looked towards Emily.

"W-What happened?" Joe inquired Emily taking both of his hands.

"Matt." Was all she had to say for Joe to know what had happened.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" Emily shook her head gently making Joe sigh of relief. "I think I'm going to go to bed, I'm shattered."

"That's fine, I'll explain to everyone." Emily assured him leaning up kissing his cheek gently watching as he wondered up the stairs from the kitchen that led upstairs. She entered the dining room again seeing that everyone was still sat down but Demi had Kean on her lap as she comforted him as Willa did the same with Carter. None of them were eating out of worry about what just happened, she was glad Joe wasn't here. She didn't want them to fuss him.

"Is he okay?" Demi questioned.

"Yes, he's gone to bed," Emily breathed. "We don't know what's going on yet but don't mention it around him, it's stressing him out a bit."

"How long has he been doing it?" Colton inquired.

"Only for about a week, he's going to a specialist doctor tomorrow so hopefully then he'll be able to manage what's going on a little better." She answered cleaning up the plate that was smashed before sitting down everyone beginning to eat. Kean and Carter had to be encouraged slightly scared by what they had witnessed. Joe couldn't control what had happened.

Colton and Willa left not too long after dinner wanting to settle Carter down for the night but Demi had stayed behind to help Emily clear away, Kean had fell asleep on the couch while they were chatting which is why Colton and Willa wanted to get home before Carter fell asleep. She couldn't get Joe out of her mind. Emily had explained to her what happens when his behaviour changed like it did before. An angry person.

"So he begins to refer to himself as another person?" Demi questioned Emily nodding her head gently, it was a lot for her to take in as her best friend.

"He calls himself Matt, when Joe does come back he doesn't remember anything that happened in the time that Matt was supposedly here."

"I think I researched this at school, it sounds similar anyway." Demi admitted putting a plate on the draining board for Emily to dry up. She could see her becoming good friends with Emily, she was a really nice and beautiful girl.

"Like I said he's going to a doctor tomorrow, hopefully they can diagnose and fix what's going on." Emily prayed not liking to see her best friend like that.

"Um Joe asked my out, do you think whatever has happened will effect that?"

"Not unless you make it, you might need to push back the date for a little while until we all know what's going on with him though." Demi wouldn't dream about leaving Joe alone now, she could tell he needs help and company. To help him through whatever he was currently going through.