Forty Three

"We need to find him," Demi panicked too leaning over kissing Kean's head moving the phone away from her so Nick wouldn't hear. "I won't be a minute." She climbed out of the car not wanting Kean to hear the conversation and worry about Joe like she knew he would, they had formed a close bond by now which Demi was glad about. It was like Kean had a father.

"We've looked all over town but we don't know the place very well obviously, sorry Demi." Nick mumbled back over the phone.

"It's okay Nick, you did nothing wrong." Demi reassured running her fingers through her hair with the hand which wasn't holding the phone against her ear. She was starting to think about all the places he could be but it was hard when she realised that he wasn't himself, he could be anywhere because she didn't know where Matt would go.

"I should have phoned you sooner, I just don't want to worry you."

"I'm constantly worrying about him but that doesn't matter, I'm going to drop Kean off at my friends house then I'll help you search." Demi stated.

"We've still got Elliot." Nick replied.

"I'll come by then and pick him up and drop him off too, they won't mind." Nick told Demi where they were before they hung up from one another. Demi sighed climbing back into the car seeing the look of concern on Kean's face.

"Is Joey okay?" Kean questioned Demi nodding her head.

"He's fine but I'm going to go see him, you are going to see Carter for a little while," Demi answered but Kean knew something was wrong that his mother wasn't telling him and Demi knew he could tell but there wasn't anything she could do about the situation. She needed to find Joe.

Joe was wondering the streets only getting more frustrated when people started staring at him as he went, he wasn't particularly going anywhere because Matt knew people would be searching for the both of them. He didn't want anyone to find him so he was constantly moving around. He was angry like normal which was why people were staring at him.

"Hey are you okay?" He heard a voice turning around seeing a man stood there in police uniform. "Oh hey Jonas, how are you doing."

"Good." Joe mumbled.

"Are you sure, you look a little angry." He answered, he was one of Joe's old work mates but he hadn't been to work in nearly a week and they didn't know when he would be going back. He wanted to go back at some point, he missed it already.

"Must kill this body." He murmured before wondering away but his old work friend soon followed him having heard every word he said.

Joe stood at the side of a road waiting for a car to come past. He had continued to wonder until he had lost the man who was following him no matter how much he tried to keep up.

"Matt!" He heard turning around seeing Demi and Emily stood there soon rushing over when they knew it was him. Joe took the opportunity to jump into the road where a oncoming car was coming Demi and Emily watching with fear.

Joe's body hit the floor the car stopping rushing out of the car but didn't move from the spot when he saw the body laid on the floor.

"Joe!" Demi exclaimed both of them rushing to his side, they could already see blood leaking from a cut on his head. "Joe can you hear us?" They were both on the verge of crying as he was unresponsive but not for long. They didn't touch him as he came back around. They let the tears fall from their eyes as he screamed in pain realising he was back, they tried to comfort him as the driver phoned for an ambulance but they couldn't imagine how much pain he was in or how scared he was.