Twenty

When Elliot's operation was done and they were sure he was okay and had come back from the local anaesthetic. He was a little fussy but he was laid down in Joe's arms who started to bounce him gently, he would feel a little tired and groggy for a while but it will be better for him in the long run because his airways wouldn't get blocked. He would more than likely need an inhaler as he grew up but they could work with that.

"I know buddy it sucks but you'll feel better soon." Joe kissed his head gently.

"He might be hungry if you want to try feeding him." The nurse suggested.

"Sorry I'm not able to do that." Joe joked the two women laughing as Joe laid Elliot in Emily's arms so she could feed him while she was he texted Demi telling her that his sons was okay.

"I think he was hungry." Emily stated as she felt her son feed from her.

"Well he hasn't had anything today yet because of the operation so it makes sense," Joe stated keeping his eyes on his phone. "I'm going to Demi's for dinner, I'll take Elliot with me, give you a little rest." Emily looked over at him watching as he sat down next to her.

"I'll be okay with him if you want to spend some time getting to know her." Emily stated but Joe shook his head gently.

"No you've been worrying too much and had him for too long. I'll take him and have him tomorrow, we'll go to the beach or something on Sunday before I have to go back to work," Joe demanded softly Emily sighing nodding her head. "You deserve a break, you've been looking after him nonstop since he was born, have some time to yourself or spend some time with the girls."

"Thanks Joe." Emily leaned her head on his shoulder.

As soon as the doctors were sure Elliot was okay they let him go home to recover from the operation, it wasn't a dangerous operation that would cause any long term problems so there wasn't any need to keep him at the hospital if he was okay. Joe headed straight over to Demi's house with him Emily going home so she could relax not having done so since before Elliot was born.

"Hey come in," Demi instructed Joe doing as he was told entering carrying Elliot in his car seat, Demi lead the way into the living room putting her finger on her lips when Kean ran over. "Joe has a sleeping baby you need to keep your voice down."

"Really?" Kean questioned excited but he kept his voice low.

"Yes but he just got out of hospital so you have to be careful," Demi stated as she took a seat Joe doing too. "Do you want to take him upstairs where he'll be more comfortable?" Joe nodded his head gently following Demi upstairs into the guest bedroom. Joe laid Elliot down on the bed carefully not wanting to wake him up. Demi couldn't help but smile as she laid eyes on the young boy for the first time sleeping as he flexed his fingers in his sleep. He looked like his dad. She couldn't wait to meet her son or daughter and do this all over again. She missed it. She watched as Joe covered his body with his blanket making sure two pillows were either side of him so he wouldn't fall. Joe kissed his cheek gently before they both left the room shutting the door behind them so he wouldn't be disturbed. Joe hoped he would sleep most of the time he was here, he needed it to recover.

"Is he okay then?" Demi inquired Joe nodding his head again.

"Yeah the operation went well, I said I'd take him so Emily can relax. She's barely stopped since he was born." Joe stated as they entered the living room sitting with Kean again.

"Mommy why does Joe have a baby? I thought only mommy's can have babies." Kean questioned making them both laugh.

"Elliot's mommy is at home, Joe is Elliot's daddy." Demi explained.

"Is Joey my daddy?" Kean questioned again trying to make sense of it all, Demi sighed slightly knowing this conversation would come up at some point. But Kean deserved to know about his real father, what a great man he was.