8✔︎ Full Speed Ahead

This chapter is dedicated to gvldennn_ - your comments and votes mean a lot! I'm so happy to have you as a dedicated reader!! 😊

Jubilee

"So Ms. Carlisle, who did the seniors vote to bring to the Success Breeds Success event in a few weeks?" Imani, the senior-class president, excitedly asked me at the start of class.

All my students started murmuring names of the people they voted for, and I smiled, loving how excited they were about this program.

"Alright, alright, after counting the votes and considering all rationales behind who you all wanted to bring, the winners are..." I paused for dramatic effect and watched the class lean forward in anticipation, "Tim Tebow and Tori Kelly!!"

And the uproar began. High-fiving, smiles, and enthusiastic conversations about what they'd do when they met our special guests. My heart swelled as I thought about how many times in a year students are actually looking forward to what happens at their school, let alone participating. I was so proud of how invested they are in the program and what they hope to gain from it, and this is why I love being a teacher. Just knowing that you can do things that might change someone's life, perspective, or ambition is just so inspiring to me, and I love seeing where they go and what they're able to achieve.

After letting them get their excitement and anticipation out, I brought everyone back together, "Ok everyone, listen up! After school, the SBS Committee is meeting to decide on the events that we'll be putting on for the three days they're here, so talk with a committee chair sometime today if you have suggestions. Now, this is English class, so go get your portfolios from the back as I have returned your essays for one-on-one conferencing and revision."

Throughout the day, my students continued to be super excited and engaged in the SBS Program, and I saw an immediate spike in work ethic as the class must collectively achieve certain academic criteria in order for the school to financially support the program.

After school during the planning meeting my students were planning out events and what they'd need from me, the school, and our special guests while I was figuring out how to get in contact with Tim Tebow. After coming across his foundation, I decided to give them a call and hope for the best. Of course I got a busy tone the first time I called and then an answering machine the next time, so I just left a message, "Hello, my name is Jubilee Carlisle, and I teach at Palisades Charter High in Los Angeles, California. I was hoping to speak with someone who could inform me of whether Mr. Tebow is available to come out to our annual Success Breeds Success Program, as he was voted by the senior class to be one of the designated special guests. If this is something that aligns with the vision of this foundation, I'd love to hear from you all! I can be reached on my cell at anytime at (864) 637-8883. Have a great rest of the day!"

The rest of the meeting went fairly smoothly after the students had some healthy arguments over what kinds of events they'd like to put on that would include or special guests, while I did some more grading and organizing before Blake started distracting me.

❤️BG❤️
4pm
Come over tonight baby. I want to cook you dinner before I leave for my road trip.

I immediately started smiling at how sweet he was.

4:01pm
Of course! Under one condition...

❤️BG❤️
4:02pm
And what could that possibly be?

4:03pm
My real baby has to be there! Hehe

❤️BG❤️
4:04pm
Well idk who you're talmbout bc I'm your only baby round here.