10✔︎ Full Speed Ahead III

This chapter is dedicated to fantasy_seeker15 for being such a supportive reader! Thank you for your votes! 😊

Blake

Once in my room, I headed to the whirlpool to go ahead and run the hot water for me and Jubilee. I then spread some Gardenia petals on the floor from my door into the bathroom and leading all the way to the whirlpool. I was then distracted by Jubilee's beautiful voice, and immediately I knew she must've been singing to Ford.

There aren't many things that can make me feel some type of way, but when the love of my life sang to Ford, it did something to me. I quietly crept into the hallway, so I could hear her better as she sang. Everyone always thought of her older sister Jordan as the singer, but Jubilee could sing, too. And I loved catching her make a song her own and really express her talent when she thought no one was listening. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, just enjoying the talent of my girl and thanking God that I'd found someone who cares for me and my child so much. She eventually stopped, and I quickly made my way back into the bathroom to wait for her with the book of love poems open and ready to read to her.

"BG?" I finally heard her call as her footsteps approached the bathroom, "Baby, you didn't have to do all of this!"

And that's when I looked in her eyes and started reading:

Sonnet 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments; love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no, it is an ever-fixèd mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his heighth be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

I closed the book and nervously looked back at Jubilee. I'd never done something so lovey dovey before, but I know how much Jubilee loves poetry being an English teacher, so I was hoping she'd love it.

"Baby," she tearfully whispered with a smile, "You're so...I don't even know how to say this."

She walked over to me and gave me a hug, not letting go.

"This is the sweetest and most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me. I'm literally speechless!" she said, looking up at me and then standing on her tiptoes for a kiss.

I obliged and slowly moved my lips in sync with hers and then gave her a couple pecks and smiles in between. I then turned her towards the bath and began to undress her as I spoke.

"I would do anything for you, Jubilee," I softly declared, taking the scarf off from around her neck and lifting her arms to take off her bracelets, "You are someone who should be appreciated and loved every single day."

I then took hold of her shirt, and she lifted her arms, so I could pull it over her head, revealing her beautiful chest that I wanted to give lots of attention to. Jubilee inhaled a quick breath as I circled around her until I was behind her, sliding my hands down her arms and torso before reaching the waistband of her skirt.