11✔︎ Trust Issues

This chapter is dedicated to TheEducatedAhole because she's a great writer, and I enjoy her stories! Go check them out!

Jubilee

My alarm went off at five am, and I quickly shut it off and turned over in Blake's arms to lay my head on his chest. I couldn't help but smile as my thoughts shifted to last night and all that BG had done for me. Seven years it's been, and I am just now embracing us as more than friends. I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe I should've listened to DJ yap about us needing to get out of the friend zone sooner. I could stay in these big, strong arms forever, but I needed to get up and finish my readings and notes for class.

"Just go back to sleep, babe. I should have at least another hour with you in my arms," Blake rasped.

I smirked, replying, "You're not even awake right now."

"Oh, you think I can't hear your hella early alarm?" he asked, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"You're a professional basketball player who wakes up for all manner of workouts and treatments, are you serious?" I scoffed.

"So I can't want to stay in bed with my girl?" Blake asked, his eyes still closed.

"Ping!" one of our phones sounded.

"Baabe, I have class today, I've got to be ready!" I whined, sitting up.

"Ping!" one of our phones sounded again.

"Damn, ok, will you at least turn the alarm off properly then?" Blake groaned, turning over.

I rolled my eyes and patted my hands down all over the bed, looking for my phone. I found it, but no notifications or alarm were on my screen.

"While you runnin your mouth, it was your phone, joka!" I muttered, searching for his phone in the bed as well.

I picked it up and flipped it over, my eyes immediately widening at what I saw. It wasn't his alarm.

Arielle
5:08am
Good morning, BG! Woke up with you on my mind...😚

Arielle
5:12am
I could pick up coffee and stop by...😏
*pic of Arielle posing in front of her bathroom mirror*

Before I could throw it at Blake's head it went off again.

Arielle
5:14am
I know you miss me, boo. 😏❤️

Just when I was getting comfortable and opening up my heart.

"Blake."

"Babe, some of us normal human beings want to sleep while the sun is down," he joked, not realizing that I was burning holes in the back of his head.

"Well maybe you should give your hoes texting hours." I responded, throwing his phone at his back, "I thought bootycalls were at night, not at the crack of dawn. I can't keep up with these heifers anymore. I wake up this early to go study for class, not to get some dick."

"What the hell are you talking about Jubilee?" Blake asked, sitting up with a confused look on his face.

"Don't try to act confused now. Why in the hell would Arielle be texting you about an early morning visit?! Five years is a long grace period between house visits," I huffed, getting out of the bed and pulling off Blake's shirt before putting on mine.

"Shit, Jubilee, wait," Blake pleaded, looking up from his phone after checking the messages, "I had nothing to do with these."

"Oh now that's actually funny, Blake. What a good joke. What else you got?" I asked, quickly slipping into my sweater and shoving my scarf in my purse.