27✔︎ Valentine's Day Weekend IV

This chapter goes out to my latest reader who voted for every chapter of The Choice, maddyellison! That was definitely motivation for me to keep writing, so thank you! ❤️❤️❤️

Jubilee

Jordan and I entered Blake's home around 5pm after getting the works done at the salon and spa. Not one inch of us went unattended to, and we were feeling glorious. We were of course being silly and giggling, but all of our foolishness was cut short by what we witnessed in the living room.

Laid across the back of the couch in the center of the living room was a beautiful, long-sleeved, cocktail dress with a bubble skirt and lace embellishments. A shoebox was placed right next to the dress on the couch, and there was a new card in an envelope on top of the living room table with my name on it.

"Jordan!" I exclaimed in a tone not above a whisper, "What is going on?!!"

"Why are you whispering?" Jordan asked, while also whispering and laughing.

"I don't know!" I responded in a normal voice, "Look at this beautiful dress and these...Louboutins! Ahhh they're gorgeous!"

"Shut the front door! They're nude-colored, yasss! What does Mr. Griffin have up his sleeve, tonight?!"

"Speaking of Mr. Griffin," I grumbled, sad that he was nowhere in sight, "Blake?!! Are you here, babe?"

There was no response.

"Umm why don't you read the note first, Ph.D candidate," Jordan deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes and smirked before picking up the envelope, "Watch it, Jordan, watch it!"

Jubilee,

I know I'm not home, but that's because I'm waiting for you at the location of your next surprise. Do you think you can find me? There's a hint about where I am at the bottom of this note. I also decided to get you something to wear for tonight, so you wouldn't be late mulling over what to wear like you normally do. Because I don't want to wait any longer than I have to, to lay eyes on you.

Hint: You use these as a teacher all the time. And they are in the name of the location where I'm waiting for you.

I can't wait to see you. I love you. Happy Valentine's Day.

Blake

"But why are y'all so adorable, though? I can't take! Blake is so far gone on his JuJu, it's not even funny anymore!" Jordan whined, her hand over her heart in awe.

I laughed, so glad to have her here with me during such a happy time. I couldn't believe that Blake felt this way about me, and that I reciprocated all his feelings. Especially so quickly. With every surprise, my heart continued to swell, and our relationship continued to seem unbelievable.