20✔︎ We're Better Together

This chapter goes out to someone whose writing and stories I looove! _chillbreaux Thanks so much for your votes and fun comments! 😊❤️❤️❤️

Blake

"I just want to thank the Clippers organization for allowing me to participate in such an intimate portion of you all's pre-game, as well as my boyfriend, Blake for encouraging me to share my gift with others. And of course, a special shoutout to my girls for embracing me as a part of the Clippers family! I hope you all enjoy this song as you prepare to give your all for the One who blessed you with your amazing talents," Jubilee shared as she stood before my team, the Cavaliers, and our families.

Chapel has always been pretty sacred throughout most of the NBA as a way for teams and organizations to unify off the court as well as on. The camaraderie that we build amongst our teammates and within the NBA fraternity is unparalleled in professional sports, and we love that our careers are about more than just a game. Chapel is just another way that we show that bond, and I can't put into words how excited I am to share Jubilee and Ford with my brothers. As Jubilee begins to sing, I pull Ford back further in my lap so his back can rest against my chest, and I can close my eyes and enjoy the voice of my girl...

There's a voice that cries out in the silence
Searching for a heart that will love Him
Longing for a child that will give Him their all
Give it all, He wants it all
And there's a God that walks over the earth
He's searching for a heart that is desperate
And longing for a child
That will give Him their all
Give it all, He wants it all

Ford tapped me on my chest, and my eyes slowly opened and looked down at him with a smile.

"What is it buddy?" I whispered.

"Daddy! Juju singing!" He exclaimed with his toothy grin.

I lightly chuckled before kissing his forehead, "Yes she is, Ford. Yes she is."

I watched Ju as she sang, slowly getting more comfortable as she progressed through the song. She looked so beautiful, and her voice had me falling in love with her even more. What does my girl not do? I smirked as her eyes landed on mine, and she smiled before looking away. All these years as friends has been great, but this is what I've been waiting on -- us sharing our lives.

And He says love me, love me with your whole heart
He wants it all today
Serve me, serve me with your life now
He wants it all today
Bow down, let go of your idols
He wants it all today
He wants it all

After she finished singing, the applause was long and enthusiastic. I couldn't help but immediately embrace her and lean down for a quick peck before we sat and linked hands.

"I'm so proud of you baby girl. Thank you for sharing your talent with everyone and for letting me share you. I love you," I whispered in her ear.

Jubilee smiled and leaned in for one more peck, "I love you, too, BG. Thank you for pushing me to share. I'm so happy to be here with you and your basketball family."

Ford then tapped Jubilee's chest and whined, wanting to get some attention. She immediately  picked him up out of my lap and gave him a few sweet kisses.

"And of course I love you too, big boy!" She exclaimed with her delightful smile.

After chapel ended everyone couldn't stop coming up to us, and not to speak with me, but to speak to Jubilee.