Can't Be Without Him

Two post-it notes, one address. K. Mac and Z. Mac. Maybe brothers, Vechs pondered as he looked out over the water as the ferry slowly floated across it. Guude had been rather strict about him leaving and getting to his destination on time, but he was always like that. He watched as the small island came into view. He briefly pondered why the sticky notes only ever had first initials, last name, address, and estimated time of death. He tried asking Guude, but he'd simply told him thats just how it is.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts as he moved to get off of the little ferry that had brought him to the island. He glanced at the sticky note again, finding that the place really wasn't that far, a short walk really. He like to pretended these jobs didn't have an effect on him, that he lived up to his evil mastermind guise, but they did. Knowing someone is going to die and taking their soul takes a bit of your own away. Of course he was undead, but that didn't mean he didn't have a heart.

Being a reaper sucked, but it did have its perks. But, those perks were so far and few between. He was best friends with Guude, who was also a reaper, and the main one in the area who gave out assignments on yellow sticky notes. He'd also meet his lover, Nebris, who's also a reaper. But, sometimes watching someone die was oh so painful. He'd cried over it, honestly, it hurt his heart. Each reap was like another crack to his already breaking heart. It was his destiny though, something he was always meant to do.

He pulled himself out of his jumbled, and rather sad, thoughts as he approached the house which matched the address on the sticky note. He knocked on the door, awaiting an answer. A middle age bald man with very distinct blue-green eyes answered.

"Could I possibly use your phone? My car broke down." Vechs says kindly.

"Sure, come on in." The man says kindly.

Vechs was lead into a quant little house, where another man was cooking something, which smelled amazing. He had short brown hair and a jealousy inducing beard, and bright blue eyes. He looked kind, but hesitant, unlike the other man who looked more ambitious than shy.

"Here's the phone." The man with blue-green eyes says.

"Thanks." Vechs says, taking the phone and dialing in a number.

"Hello?" Came a questioning southern voice.

"Hi, my car broke down, I need to get it towed." Vechs says, knowing Guude is overly confused.

"Vechs?"

"It's just a few houses down from 53215 Ceader Lane. I have an important job later, so if you could hurry, if appreciate it."

"Just get the job done Vechs."

"Alright, thank you very much."

Vechs hangs up the phone, handing it back to blue-green.

"They coming soon?"

"In an hour or so."

"I suppose you could stay here for a whole then, we were about to eat lunch."

"I'd appreciate it."

"What is your name, if I may ask?" Blue-green says.

"I'm Vechs, Vechs Davion."

"I'm Zisteau and that's Kurt." Blue-green says, gesturing to the other man.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Vechs says kindly.

"Zisteau, could you help me please?" Kurt questions.

"Of course cutie." Zisteau responds with a playful smile, causing Kurt to blush.