Chapter Twenty-Four

I was lying in bed looking at my ring. Turning it over and over again. It was truly beautiful. I couldn't help but smile to myself when I looked at it. I was lost in a daze when Harry woke up beside me.

"Good morning my love." His deep morning voice growled in my ear.

I smiled and turned to face him. "Good morning handsome."

"Did you know you talk in your sleep?" He smirked.

"No I don't." I blushed.

"Oh but you do. You didn't the other night when I stayed, but last night you did."

"Oh gosh what did I say?"

"Oh nothing much. I think you were dreaming about me. Well actually I know you were."

"Harry tell me what I said."

"Well you didn't really say anything. You moaned my name a couple of times though."

"You are lying."

"Did you have a dirty dream about me last night Pippa?" He smiled.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"I'm sure you don't princess. Oh and by the way I would make you feel so much pleasure you wouldn't be able to moan my name." Then he winked and got out of bed. "I'm going to take a shower. Care to join me?"

"Harry!"

"Hey it is worth a shot. Especially after your dream last night. Oh and you apparently act out dreams when they are really intense."

"What does that mean?"

"Let's just say after you started moaning then you started grinding up against me. It was quiet the entertainment." Then he walked into the bathroom.

I didn't know what to think. I don't remember dreaming at all last night. I knew my father always talked in his sleep but I didn't think I did. I got up and went into another bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then my hair. I washed my face and walked into the kitchen. Kara was standing with the fridge open. I ignored her and went over to a cabinet to get a glass. She turned and saw me waiting then.

"Good-morning Pippa." She smiled.

I smiled and went over to the fridge to grab some orange juice.

"Are you upset with me still?" She asked. I kept my back turned to her. "Pippa you can't be mad at me forever."

"I can try." I mumbled.

"Look I forgive you for beating my face in. Why can't you forgive me?"

I turned to look her in the eyes. "Because this wasn't the first time. You have done this before. Not as bad obviously but I have forgiven you more than you deserve. Then every time I do you let me down again. I can't take that chance anymore. We can't be friends anymore Kara. I'm sorry."

"Pippa please..."

"No I'm engaged now. Did you hear me? ENGAGED. To the love of my life. I don't have time for Kara drama. I need to focus on what is important in my life." The pain on her face was visible from miles away.

"Pippa I'm so so sorry. I really am. I promise I will never do it again. I was drunk and stupid."

"I have heard all of this before though. 'Pippa I'm sorry', 'I promise', 'I was drunk', blah blah blah. I'm tired of hearing you apologize to me."

"But I swear..."

"Don't make promises you can't keep Kara. They will only turn back to bite you."