Chapter 19

It was the day Harry was leaving for tour. I sat on the bed, my wavy hair draping over my oversized sweater. I was wearing my favorite pair of skinny jeans (Everyone has that pair of skinny jeans that don’t rip even in the most compromising situations. I could probably do the splits in these things… if I was flexible:P) and the fuzziest socks I could find. I knew I’d be thankful for my comfortable clothing choices later on in the day when I turned to icecream and Nicholas Sparks movies for comfort.

Harry sat across from me, tying his shoe. I was going to miss this… getting ready in the morning with him. I pulled out my phone and told him to smile before snapping a picture. All I’d have of him for the next three months was pictures.

Harry rolled his eyes once I put my phone down chuckling, “I’m going on tour, not dying.”

“I can’t go without seeing you for a day, how am I supposed to survive this for 3 months?”

“You’ve done it for longer before.” He remembered. I bit my lip, not wanting to remember those moments. “Sorry, I just meant that this time you know I’m perfectly safe and I’ll call you every day.”

“You better.” I said smiling.

“Wait here,” He jumped off, running from the room. He came back with a large book and sat down next to me.

It was a scrapbook. On the leather cover was a stitched infinity sign above the picture slot which was one we had taken by a professional photographer in front of a telephone booth. It was black a white except for the telephone booth which Harry and I were cuddling in front of on the cold day. It’d always been one of my favorite pictures of us.

“I know how you love remembering things through photos and ever since we met I’ve tried to keep little sentimental things and take photos. But don’t look at this until I leave, okay?”

I nodded, tears in my eyes. Harry was so thoughtful.

“Don’t cry babe,” He pressed his lips against my forehead before pulling away, “Smile!” He shouted as he whipped out his phone, a flash instantly blinding me.

“Thanks for the warning,” I said sarcastically.

“Anytime, can I get a kiss?” He asked, putting on a pouty face.

I leaned in, passionately kissing him. I heard the shutter of his phone camera go off again.

I pulled back, glaring at him.

“Next time I’ll give you the warning.” He grinned.

“Hey mate, it’s time to go!” Louis shouted from downstairs.

“I guess I have to go.” Harry said. “Will you walk me down?”

“Of course!” I said matter-of-factly. I grabbed his hand, pulling him downstairs. I would’ve loved to lock the door and refuse to let him out but I needed to be strong for him. He loved his job and I needed to be supportive of it.

“Hello!” Louis said as we came down the stairs.

“Hi,” I called back.

“Everyone is waiting for you at the driveway. We already did all of our family goodbyes while you guys were honeymooning so Anne, Robin, Gemma, Lillie, and Mrs. Rolland are all out front for you, Harry.” Louis explained, leading us to our driveway.

We walked out, everyone greeting us. Harry gave his goodbyes to Perrie, Danielle, Eleanor, Baby Ed, Anne, Robin, Gemma, Lillie, and Mrs. Rolland and everyone broke off into awkward conversation to give us time to say goodbye.

Harry gulped. “Wow… this is harder than I thought.” I nodded as he spoke. “I’m going to miss you so much.”

He wrapped his arms around me, and I curled into his chest. He rested his head on top of mine as he continued to talk, “I love you so much, Lauren. Call me whenever you miss me and I don’t care what time it is or if you do it a hundred times a day, but when you need to talk to me I’m always here. I’m going to call you all the time and I… I’m really going to miss you being in my arms for the next three months.”