Chapter 73

“They look so cute,” I squealed.

Harry glanced over my shoulder, eyeing the photo on my phone screen.

“Is that Lillie?”

“Mhm, Hallie did the cat makeup so cute,” I cooed as I looked at the photo of my little sister in her Halloween costume.

“Aw, the kids look adorable!”

“Lou, I think the world will survive with one less Lego!” Eleanor complained.

“El, Ed will be devastated if his mommy doesn’t dress up with us.” Louis walked out with baby Ed clinging to his leg. Louis and Ed were both dressed as Legos, Ed in yellow and Louis in blue. I heard Eleanor groan as she unlatched the bathroom door, coming out as a gigantic red Lego.

“Muma is a Lego!” Ed shouted, running towards his mother.

Harry and I laughed at the matching family as we prepared our own costumes. Thanks I Niall’s suggestion, we would be the Winnie the Pooh clan. Niall felt very strongly about giving little Ed a Halloween he wouldn’t forget. Since none of us had the heart to explain to him that the baby wouldn’t remember this one bit, we agreed to participate in the crazy idea. Danielle was Roo, Liam was Christopher Robin, Niall was Winnie the Pooh, Katie was Eore, Harry was Tigger, and I…

“Does my nose look piggish?”

Harry chuckled, “I can barely tell you apart from Piglet himself.”

“Piggy!” Ed squealed from Eleanor’s arms, pointing frantically at the pig ears attached to my head pant.

“I know, doesn’t Auntie Piggy look pretty?”

“Piggy is piddy!”

“I have a bad feeling he’ll still be calling me that when he’s 17,” I groaned, predicting him to resemble teenage Louis’s characteristics. Poor El.

“Ding!” I glanced down at my phone’s notification, eyeing the Twitter name beside my new message.

“When did Lillie get a Twitter?”

Harry let out a nervous laugh, backing away slowly, “I’m sure I told you about that… I should go get the tail for your costume.”

“Harry!” Of course by the time I called his name Harry was long gone out the door.

For Halloween weekend the boys had a little break from tour allowing us to have a bit of down time. The buses were parked at a camp site for the next couple of days, allowing us to have S’mores and tell scary stories at a bonfire every night, just like old times. Tonight we would join Ed for a half hour or so of trick or treating. Afterwards Niall and Katie volunteered to watch him along with the twins while the rest of us went to a haunted house and haunted hay ride. Anything involving the word ‘haunted’ was not at the top of my ‘Things I Want To Do’ list but Harry wanted to so I was going to suck it up.

“We should probably take Ed trick or treating soon,” Eleanor suggested as she eyed the time. I nodded in agreement, grabbing his candy bucket and leading us out through the door. The group was all outside, vampires, goblins, and witches swarming our campsite with bags held wide open. Everyone admired their costumes, the better ones getting a piece or two of extra candy… Unless they stopped by Niall for candy. He was half way through the bag himself and shared no more than a piece with each child and that was if they were very very very lucky. 

Little Ed bobbled beside our legs at the ground, tugging us forward. Louis and Harry joined Eleanor and I as we began making our rounds of the campground.