Chapter 12

“She said yes!” I heard cheers and celebration from outside our door.

“Was I the only one who didn’t know about this?” I questioned.

“Yes… but don’t forget that I still have control of you so you shouldn’t complain about it.”

“Oh I shouldn’t?” I poked his side, causing him to laugh.

“You’re going to regret that…” Harry went back to tickling me until I nearly turned blue.

Later on we were all huddled around the bonfire like it’s supposed to be. The warm fire blazed on, orange sparks spewing out here and there. Niall, Zayn, and Perrie sat on the edge of their seats, roasting marshmallows and laughing. Danielle and Liam were having an “I love you more” competition cuddled up to each other. Eleanor was on Louis’ lap and they shared a marshmallow, giggling at their failure to rip it apart. Then there was Harry and I. He had pulled me into his lap and I rested my head on his bare chest. I ended up when the hoodie argument and also was wearing his Jack Wills hoodie. The trade off was me cuddling up to him all night which I decided was pretty fair. We had a big, fuzzy blanket wrapped around us as the chilly night’s air crept into our bonfire. His arms were wrapped tightly around me. My left hand played with his hair while my right just lay in my lap. I stared into the fire, enjoying this moment.

Niall sighed loudly, causing us all to direct our attention to him. “We should do something!” Niall suggested to the group.

I sighed, taking in the serene moment one last time. Once I had taken enough of it in, I agreed along with the rest of the group.

Everyone began suggesting ideas.

Niall’s idea was to play hide and go seek. Danielle thought truth or dare would be fun. Louis wanted 7 minutes in heaven. Perrie suggested a board game marathon. Liam was all for karoke. 

We were about to vote when Zayn added, “I think we should watch a scary movie.”

“But I promised the fans a Twit cam tonight.” Liam said as he checked his phone.

“Okay, so do your Twit cam thing while we set up the movie.” Zayn planned.

Zayn, Niall, Louis, and Danielle went to pick out a movie, Eleanor and Perrie were making the popcorn and grabbing snacks, and Harry and I in charge of rounding up enough pillows and blankets for everyone. Liam was still fidgeting with his laptop trying to get it to work.

“Why isn’t this working? Wait… I think it is working. Guys, is this working?” Liam talked into the Twitcam.

“It’s working!” He shouted in happiness. “Hi guys, I’m Liam. The gang and I are going to watch a scary movie tonight!” He reads some of their comments, “Well that is quite inappropriate. How about some scary movie suggestions?”

Harry and I shook our heads laughing. Liam was so interactive with the fans, it was adorable to see how much he cared about them. We plopped down onto the heap of fuzzy, warm goodness we created from the pillows and blankets. After that the rest of them joined us. We would be watching It (creepy clown movie) with popcorn, M&Ms, and lots of Twizzlers.

“Do you mind if they watch the movie with us?” Liam asked looking up from his laptop.

We all agreed and everyone settled on the couch. The couples cuddled up with each other and Niall curled up with some pillows and a bag of popcorn. We were all comfortable, happy, and ready to just BE with no worries which hadn’t occurred in much too long.

We screamed and jumped constantly through the movie. I had watched it when I 6 and been scared of clowns ever since… I had also forgotten nearly everything about the movie which meant I could never predict the scary parts. The guys continually poked us and shifted around to fake us out that a terrifying part was coming.