Chapter 55

I gasped, “Seriously?"

Danielle nodded.

“Have you taken a pregnancy test?"

“Not yet. I’ve had some of the symptoms though."

“Does Liam know yet?"

“I didn’t want to worry him if it was nothing.” Danielle fidgeted with the zipper on her hoodie. “Liam and I had talked the other day and decided we didn’t want kids right now because of our careers and then I forgot to take birth control a few days and… You know."

“Well come on, we need to get you a test!" I began walking towards the door.

“Lauren, where are you going?" She hissed.

“They have stores here, I’m sure we can find a pregnancy test."

“What if Liam sees us?"

“The boys are probably already sleeping. It isn’t likely that they’ll be in the store."

“Please be right."

I rolled my eyes and continued walking, Danielle close on my heels. We found a small department store in the airport and began our search for pregnancy tests.

“What about this one?" She asked, holding up one in a pink box.

“Maybe… I don’t know. Let’s keep looking."

“Chips sound so good right now." A familiar British accent said. Harry.

“I know!" Niall agreed.

“Guys, I’ll be right back, I’m going to see if I can find something for Dani." Liam said, his voice growing closer.

“Her time of the month?" Harry questioned.

“I think her mood answers that. I’m not complaining though, if I bled every month I probably wouldn’t be pleasant during that time either." 

“Hide!" I whispered, knowing we were down the aisle that Liam was headed for. 

I grabbed her arm and ran towards the end of the aisle making a sharp left. We made perfect timing. Danielle and I crouched on the carpeting of the store, holding our breaths in hope we wouldn’t be noticed.

“Why are we hiding?" Harry whispered into my ear. I shushed him followed by an intense glare.

“Pretend you didn’t see us and go away." I commanded.

“That’s not exactly friendly now is it?" Harry sarcastically said with a smirk. Nonetheless he stood up, rushing the boys to leave the store.

I stood up and searched the store to make sure it was clear.

“Okay, grab the pink box one and let’s go."

Danielle swiped the box from the shelf and purchased it quickly before we returned to the bathroom. 

“3 minutes and we’ll have the results."

“That is a long time." Danielle groaned as she paced around the public restroom. Women passed by, some giving her concerned looks and others flashing glances of suspicion. Every 10 seconds she would ask if it was ready, after the 18th time it finally was.

“It’s time."

“Wait… I don’t know about this,” Danielle said uneasily.

“About what?"

“What if I am pregnant? What if Liam didn’t want it?"

“Dani… Liam has one of the biggest hearts on this planet. He was made to be a father. Trust me, he would want to keep the baby."

“But…" She protested.

“Danielle, just look at the results!" I ordered. 

She sighed deeply and walked over to the sink. Her fingertips hovered above the test as she contemplated whether or not to pick it up. After what felt like an eternity, she looked at the test. She let out a gasp and her hand flew to cover her mouth.

“What is it? Are you pregnant?" I asked worriedly.

Tears began to stream down her face. She nodded.

“It’ll be okay Dani, everything will be fine," I promised as I hugged her tightly.

After she calmed down, she pulled away to ask another question, “What should I tell Liam?"

“If you are ready to tell him now then you should, but I’m sure it’d be understandable if you waited until we got home.”

“I’m not ready to tell him now… Not at all."

“My turn to ask a question. What should I tell Harry? He saw us in there and he’s going to want an explanation."

“I’d ask you to lie but everybody knows you couldn’t do that even if you wanted to." She giggled for the first time that night.

“That’s true. So what’s your plan b?"

“My plan b is…" Danielle’s felt turned ghostly white as she raced for a stall. 

“Morning sickness." I realized. “So how about I tell Harry the truth and make him promise not to tell anyone?"

“Sounds good." Danielle answered as she came out. “Now let’s move on to a more urgent issue… do you have breath mints?"

I laughed, “I have a box of Tic Tacs if that will work?"

“Perfect!"

After Danielle’s breath smelled minty fresh, we returned to the airport terminal. Nearly everyone had fallen asleep, Harry and Liam were the only two struggling to keep their eyes open. They nearly cheered when they spotted us. Liam pulled Danielle into his arms without a word, instantly falling asleep. Harry on the other hand didn’t let me get by so easily.

“Come on, let’s take a walk." Harry said as he intertwined our fingers. 

“So, how’s the weather?" I joked.

“Why were you guys hiding?" Harry demanded.

“Danielle didn’t want Liam knowing what she was buying."

“I’m guessing it was more complicated than a Channing Tatum poster?"

I smirked, “Actually, Danielle and Channing’s wife have something in common now."

“Wait… You don’t mean…"

“That’s exactly what I mean."