Chapter 28

I swiped the magazine off of the rack and gave the cashier the money. Eleanor ripped it from my hands and began reading it aloud.

“Last night Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson from One Direction were seen at XTREME Club in the wee hours of the morning. Onlookers say they were drunk and tipsy as they danced with the women. The boys took a special interest in two girls in particular. The entire night the girls were seen around the boys, dancing inappropriately with them. One girl was seen grinding on Tomlinson while Styles’ new woman had her lips all over him. Although neither of the girls has been identified yet, we were able to get a word with them. The girls both claimed that the boy band sweethearts approached them for their phone numbers afterward and also mentioned ‘that night was the beginning to our relationship’. Once the night of partying was finished, the boys were seen outside along with the girls. Rumors yet to be confirmed have said the four filed into the same car.”

Eleanor closed the magazine, speechless. “We should go.”

We all got into the car, none of us speaking.

Thoughts raced through my mind. Harry cheated on me. A feeling of rage overcrowded my entire body. An urge to scream crept up my throat and anger raced through my veins.  I was jealous of the slut that got his attention. I was hateful that Harry gave it to her. I didn’t know who to be angrier at; Harry or the whore that he let all over him.

We pulled into the driveway and Danielle shut off the car. Everyone exited and Perrie and Katie began to walk inside, Danielle lingering back with Eleanor and me.

“Um, I’m going to go.” Eleanor croaked, tears flooding her eyes.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea right now.” Danielle said, walking towards her.

Eleanor backed away. “I’m fine. I’ll let you guys know when I get home. I… I just have to go.” Eleanor already had her keys out and hid her face in her sleeve as she got inside her car. She quickly pulled out and drove off, sorting out her feelings as she sped off towards her home. Eleanor knew what she was planning on doing about as well as I did… in other words we were both clueless. None of the boys had ever given us anything to worry about therefore this entire escapade was unexpected.

Out of all the boys, I’d never assumed Harry would be the one to commit such a criminal act. I was beyond angry, I was hurt. Before Harry and I were together, I’d known his reputation. He was known as the ‘player’ and ‘flirt’, not the man who is ready for marriage. As we’d grown to know each other, any doubt I had fled my mind. Harry was open with me and I reciprocated his trust and honesty. Harry took away every wall I had spent so long building up… and now I regretted it. I should’ve built stronger walls. I shouldn’t have been that big who let the big bad wolf blow down my house… I shouldn’t have let big bad Harry break my heart.

 “I’m going upstairs. I don’t want to talk to Harry when they get home.” I said. The girls kept their thoughts to themselves, allowing me to go upstairs.

As soon as I entered our room, I turned the latch on the door, locking it tightly. I crawled into the big, warm bed, burying myself in the heaps of covers. I muffled my cries into the pillow, keeping my feelings as silent as I could.

After 15 minutes past, each second ticking away slowly, I heard the front door creak open. I listened closely, the silence running throughout the house allowing me to make out what words were begin said. 

“Hey babe!” Zayn greeted cheerily, obviously speaking to Perrie. I heard the rest of the boys shuffle into the kitchen and Liam and Niall happily greeted their girls as well.

“Where are Eleanor and Lauren?” Harry asked.

Hearing the silence that overtook the room expressed the tension running in it.