Chapter 82

Hi! I want to apologize to everyone for taking so long to post this chapter. With school back in session, working out, and a bit of procrastination, I have been slacking with Everything About You. I greatly appreciate all of the lovely followers and readers of this story and thank you so much to each and every person who likes/votes for this story. Have a wonderful day! (:

▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░

-HARRY’S POV-

“Lauren was up all night trying to find information about Chloe’s diagnosis,” I explained to Peter after he noticed the bags beneath my eyes.

Although I had gotten Lauren to fall asleep, I was not that lucky. Her worried thoughts had become my own and I was kept wide awake with ‘what ifs’. Don’t get me wrong, I was terrified of the future for Chloe and the Greene family… but Lauren as well. Lauren, like anyone, does not handle death well. But what Lauren really won’t handle well is watching Chloe suffer as she endures the intense treatment. 

“Halli won’t admit it, but from the minute we took her to the doctor she worried it was cancer and she hasn’t gotten sleep since. Even if she is in bed with her eyes closed, I can guarantee her find is filled with worried thoughts. It isn’t that I don’t love Chloe as much as those two women, but I know that worry will not fix anything and I surely don’t want it to rub off on the kids’ emotions.”

“I know. It isn’t that I just don’t worry, but I force myself to stop when I do because it only brings down myself and those around me.”

“Exactly.”

“Dada!” The pitter patter of Aaron’s feet rang throughout the house before he finally reached the kitchen. Peter scooped him into his arms, bouncing the energetic baby around. He moved fast for such a new walker.

“Hey buddy, where is mommy?”

“Law ren.”

“That’s good. Well, are you hungry?”

I headed upstairs, not to interrupt their girl talk but to see if I could begin taking the bags to our car. After quite a long tour, we were finally going home for a couple days before heading back out for our last few concerts.

“I just can’t imagine life without Chloe. I know if something happened that I would still have Lillie and Aaron… and Peter… but… but I just can’t picture a world without such a bright girl. She is…”

“Not going anywhere,” Lauren finished for Halli, “Chloe is going to pull through this because she is one of the strongest little girls I know. Don’t doubt it for a second that there could be any other outcome. If you need someone to watch the kids, we’re here. If you need someone to talk, we’re here. If you need someone to take her to treatments, we’re here. If you need absolutely anything, even if it is just someone to talk to at 4am or someone to pick up a gallon of milk, we’re here for you. Okay?”

“Lauren, you are such a special person. You really are.” I heard Halli sigh as if she was recollecting her emotions. “I should get the girls up.”

I lightly knocked on the door before entering the room.

“Good morning Harry,” Halli greeted me with a light pat on the shoulder.

“Good morning,” I replied as she left to get the girls.

“How’d you sleep?” I asked Lauren.

She shrugged, “Peachy-ish.”

I chuckled, “That’s a new one.”

She stood up and to my surprise, wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her tight as she buried her face into my shirt, knowing that a hug was more important than words at the moment.