Chapter 32

“What if she says no?” Niall worried as he paced back and forth.

“Niall, she isn’t going to say no!” I reassured him.

“But how do you know?”

“Because I’ve talked to her,” Niall perked up and I decided now was the time to end his hopes, “And no, I’m not telling you exactly what she said.”

Niall groaned and fell into our couch, throwing a pillow over his head.

The doorbell dinged and I sprung up to answer it.

“Katie!” I shouted as I opened the door.

“Lauren!”

“Come on, the food has been ready for 2 minutes and I think Niall is going to have a mental break down if he has to stare at it any longer.”

Katie laughed, “You guys didn’t have to wait for me.”

“Yeah we did! Plus I had a secret stash of cookie dough in the fridge nobody had known about…”

“Lauren, is cookie dough your solution to everything?”

“Yes.”

“World peace?”

“Cookie dough.”

“World hunger?”

“Cookie dough.”

“Heart break?”

“Cookie dough.”

“Hm… maybe cookie dough is the answer to everything.” Katie finally agreed as we giggled.

“Can we eat now?” Niall begged from the patio.

Katie and I made our way to the back, each sitting at the table across from our men. Two candles were lit on the table, leaving shadows amongst the white table cloth Harry had added for the occasion. A platter held a nice steak dinner amongst some appetizers. We all began to dig in, laughing and small chatting throughout the meal.

“This was a great dinner. Thanks for having us.” Katie said as she finished up.

“Anytime! Actually, Harry and I have to go check on the dessert really quick.”

“What dessert?” Harry questioned.

“The dessert…” I stared him down, attempting to make him understand it was simply an excuse to leave the two alone. Harry was still confused as he stood but followed me into the house.

“What was…” Harry began.

“He can’t ask her out in front of us, that’s weird!”

“So we don’t actually have dessert?”

“We have ice cream and Cool Whip. What else do four people really need?”

“Good point. I’ll get the bowls.” Harry offered as he walked towards the cupboards. I opened the fridge and freezer, pulling out the can of Cool Whip and chocolate icecream. Once Harry delivered the bowls, I filled each with icecream and topped them with a pretty spiral of Cool Whip.

“Harry, what are you doing?” I asked as Harry sneakily picked up the Cool Whip.

Harry pressed down on the top, overflowing his mouth with the white fluff. As he continued to fill his mouth, I hit the bottom of the can causing it to cover the rest of his face. I giggled at his surprised face. Harry smirked and began to come near me. I backed away eventually being corned between Harry and counters. Before I could object, Harry had rubbed his Cool Whipped nose all over my face, covering it in the yummy goodness. I giggled as Harry continued to nuzzle me, placing love bites on my neck.