Chapter 65

-LAUREN’S POV-

Harry and I cuddled on our porch swing, softly rocking back and forth. I was curled into a ball, leaning against Harry’s chest with his arms wrapped tightly around me. He loosely twirled a strand of my hair as we listened to the chirps of crickets filling the breezy night air.

"I had a really good night," I said.

"Me too," Harry mumbled, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"I’ll be right back!" I got up, prancing towards the back entrance.

Harry sat up, running his fingers through his curls, “What are you doing?"

"Getting fuzzy socks."

Harry pouted, “You’re leaving me for fuzzy socks?"

I giggled, “Uh huh!"

Once I reached our bedroom, I searched through the sock drawer looking for the fuzziest ones I could find. Briefly listening to the news on TV, I caught the name of Katie’s hospital. I ran into the living room, plowing through the pillows on the couch as I tried to find the remote to turn up the volume. After hearing only a snippet of the story, I was in panic mode.

"HARRY!" I shouted.

"Did the fuzziness comfort you to death?" Harry joked as he entered. He stood by the door, processing what the news reporters were saying. “I’ll get the keys. Call Niall and Katie to see if you can get a hold of one of them."

I dialed Katie’s number as we climbed in the car.

"Katie, are you okay?!"

"Hey Lauren! I guess you saw us on the news," Katie laughed, “I’m fine."

"Fine? You are not fine! Some guy just tried to ki-"

"Lauren! Seriously, I’m alright. And by the sound of Harry’s road rage I’m assuming your rushing to the hospital?"

"Yup."

"You’re right… I’m not fine. But a chocolate milkshake and fries could change that."

I sighed, shaking my head as I chuckled, “Of course. Would Niall like some?"

"He’s not fine by association so definitely."

"We’re on our way and we’ll bring the junk food."

"It’s not junk food, it’s magically deliciousness perfection."

"Whatever you say. Bye!"

"Bye."

Harry turned into the fast food restaurant’s driver, already predicting their request, “Shakes and fries?"

"You guessed it!"

We visited Katie, thrilled to find her doing so well. During our visit, we ran into Louis, Eleanor, Perrie, and Zayn. The four were in dire need of a date night so Harry and I offered to watch the three kids at Perrie and Zayn’s home tomorrow evening. We promised to babysit Lux as well, now that she hit her toddler years though I had a feeling she’d be a little more of a handful. After reading up on a few babysitting and parenting websites, Harry and I were confident we could watch four little ones overnight…. Kind of.

"You have all of our numbers and you’ve been with them before. I’m sure everything will be fine," Perrie repeated for the tenth time. I didn’t know which one of us she was reassuring at this point.

"We can handle these little munchkins! Don’t worry!" I bounced Max around, getting him to giggle.

"Okay, bye babies!" Perrie kissed each of their little bald heads once again.

"Babe, you’ve kissed them goodbye five times already. Come on," Zayn begged from the door. Finally Perrie budged, walking out the door with reconsideration in each step.

"Ready to play house tonight?" Harry grinned.

I shook my head, “Harry, we have to take this seriously. So which kids do you want?"

"I wasn’t really planning on kidnapping today…"

I groaned, “Lux and Ed or Max and Archie?"

"I’ll start with the twins and we’ll switch off in an hour."

"Sounds like a plan. Uh Harry… Where is Lux?"