Chapter two: McWife makes an appearance

Meredith's POV:

My day started out wonderfully. First of all, I realized I had so much to be grateful for. Second of all, I had an extremely dreamy boyfriend. My life was pretty amazing, which was a welcome turn from all the crap I'd had come my way lately.

Being a surgical intern was hard, but I love my job. I love my friends and my boyfriend Derek and I just loved life.

It was nice to know something was finally going my way.

"Another McSexy night with McDreamy?" Izzie asks me, as she untied her sneakers. We had just finished another twelve hour shift, which meant we were all tired and ready to go home.

"Keep the noise down this time. Some of us actually own beds to sleep in them" George grouched, as Christina laughed.

"O'Malley, try not to be jealous that everyone else on planet earth is getting laid except you" Alex muttered.

"Alex, shut up. I have been getting some!" George was always so touchy when Alex joked around with him. I guess that's just how George is.

"Yes George, we are all aware of how manly you are" Izzie shut her locker with a slam, as George rolled his eyes.

"Meredith, how do you live with these people? Christina laughed.

"Honestly, I don't even know" I said over my shoulder, as I left the locker room to meet Derek.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I heard Christina yell.

Yup, I was lucky. I had friends who were amazing, a caring boyfriend and a job that was my dream.

I met Derek down in the lobby with a smile.

"Hey" he said, lacing an arm around my waist and kissing my forehead lightly.

"Hey yourself" I smiled as i detached myself long enough to gather my coat and my bag from the chair I'd discarded them on when I saw Derek.

"You're in a lovely mood" Derek smiled.

I nodded "today was a good day"

It was true, it was a good day. Until it wasn't.

There are always those moments you know you won't forget, the ones that are special. The ones that engrave theirselves in your brain and refuse to leave. What happened next, was one of those.

The front doors opened and in walked a redhead with heels to match. She walked towards us, smirking. Derek, on the other hand, couldn't have masked the complete shock and surprise that made its way across his face.

The woman walked up to us, upon closer inspection, I realized she was wearing bright red lipstick. She had to be without a doubt the most gorgeous woman I'd ever seen. She had bright blue eyes that had some mischief in them and a smirk that made me wonder what the hell was so funny. Her fiery red hair fell in soft curls down her shoulders, and just the way she carried herself had me wondering who she was and why she was so intriguing.

But, then Derek spoke and I wished I had not a clue who she was or what she was doing.

"Addie, what are you doing here?" Derek was angry, I had no clue why. I could feel myself looking more and more curious, I wanted to ask who the hell this woman was and why Derek seemed so mad with her. Instead, I shut the hell up to see how this was going to play out.

"Richard called me, I'm here on business" she explained, before turning to face me "you must be the woman sleeping with my husband"

Right then, I could feel my heart drop into my feet. I couldn't breathe, I didn't know what this woman was saying. Surely, Derek wasn't married. This was all some joke and this woman was one of Derek's many sisters.