Chapter thirteen: I really freaking like you

Addisons POV:

The next morning, I woke up to Meredith smiling down at me and absently stroking my hair. It was something I could definitely get used to.

"Hi" I smile "lovely morning"

She leans down to kiss me gently "the powers back too" she smiles "we can leave whenever you want"

I kiss her softly, before rolling over so I can stretch.

"How'd you sleep, bunny?" Meredith asks, as she stands up to stretch and get her clothes. She'd slept in some of my pjs last night, which meant her clothes were neatly folded on an arm chair.

"I slept well" I mutter, leaning back and closing my eyes again "I'm still exhausted though"

"Well, we don't have to be to work for another two hours. You could sleep, or you could shower and we could get breakfast?"

I sigh, and reluctantly sitting up to swing my legs over the side of my bed.

"If we're going out and then to the hospital, you'll need some clean clothes. Just until you change into scrubs" I pick out clean undergarments, a black pencil skirt and a turquoise button up blouse for myself and throw a pair of skinny jeans at Meredith along with a green blouse.

"Ugh, no way in hell am I wearing a blouse" Mer wrinkles her nose "that's your thing. By the way, your ass looks amazing in those skirts" she wraps an arm around my waist and kisses my neck softly.

"Mer, we have to get ready" I laugh "baby, stop" I whine, still laughing. I pick up a grey sweat shirt that I happen to adore, and chuck it behind me and onto her head "wear this"

She pulls on the jeans, having to roll them up since my legs are longer, and then pulls on the hoodie. She takes a deep breath and then smiles. "It smells like you"

"Think of it as a permanent hug" I kiss her cheek, before zipping up my skirt and going to the bathroom to put on some make up.

Mere follows me, a curious look on her face.

"Adds, what does this make us?" She questions.

I sigh. I was expecting this question, I was just unsure how to answer it.

I thought, before I answered. I didn't want to screw this up.

"I really, freaking like you" I say "but I don't know, honestly. I don't know what's going on with Derek and I, but right now, I don't think we're going to make any changes with our relationship"

"But your still married" she says slowly "and if Derek finds out about you and I and whatever we are..." She trails off and closes her eyes "I don't want to think about the rumours. It was awful when everyone found out he was married"

I go and put my arms around her, holding her close to me as I rubbed her back.

"How about we wait. We'll figure out what we want to do about our feelings and when you figure out, don't hesitate to tell me. I don't want you to think you've got to keep your opinions and feelings to yourself" I kiss her, savouring the moment when her lips are against mine.

"Okay" she murmurs "and I really freaking like you too"

Truth be told, I was scared. I came back for Derek, and I had no clue if I was going to leave with Derek. I didn't know if I was ever going home to New York, I didn't know if Derek and I were ever going to get back together and I didn't know if I was going to ever stop being so confused.

But one thing, out of all this confusion and all these unknowns, one thing was clear.

How I felt about Meredith.