Chapter thirty five: One year anniversary!

Please read the AN at the end :)

Addison's POV:

November rolled around, and before long, we were just three days away from Meredith and I's one year anniversary.

"These babies seem to be doing amazing!" I exclaim, as I concluded the ultrasound I was performing on Ms. Evans. She was twenty eight weeks pregnant with the quadruplets, who were doing remarkably well. Usually multiples posed risk upon risk, especially since her last pregnancy was so dangerous, but these babies were content to sit around and grow until it was time to pop.

"That's a relief!" Ms. Evans smiled "my sister is watching the twins, I really didn't want to have to stay here for tests. My pregnancy with the twins was hell, I guess God is giving me a break with these ones" she patted her belly, which was the size of an overdue woman's belly. She was bursting.

"Now bedrest will be mandatory once you hit thirty weeks. Non-negotiable. After the twins, I want you off your feet to give those babies the best shot at staying in there for as long as they can. I'm honestly surprised you've made it this far in the pregnancy" I added "most quads come within nineteen to thirty one weeks. If you can make it past thirty one weeks, you're golden and the babies will only have to spend a week or two at most in the NICU" I explained.

She nodded "I'm excited for this; Madi and Pete are excited too"

I smiled "Have you thought of any names for them?" She knew she was having two boys and two girls, two sets of identical twins, so she could start thinking of names if she wanted.

"I've been searching and I think I found some I love!" She tells me enthusiastically "for the boys, I'm pretty sure I'm set on Isaac and John, two simple names that are to the point, you know?" She told me "my first name is Anastasia, people usually call me Stacy; it's so long and people who don't speak English as a first language can't pronounce it. And I can never find my name on a mug or a keychain"

I chuckle "It's good to keep that in mind when you name children"

She nods with a wide smile "For the girls, I'm a little more stuck. I have five names I can't decide on. Victoria, Zoey, Faith, Sierra and Catherine. Which ones do you like best?" She asks me.

"Hmm" I think for a second, because all the names really are lovely "I like Sierra and Zoey the most" I tell her "Sierra Victoria and Zoey Faith maybe? To get all the names in there?" I pitch.

"I LOVE that!" She gushes "you just named my girls!" She laughs. "It took me five months just to think of those names, let alone pick any out!"

I laugh "Meredith's middle name is Catherine and she HATES it, even though I think it's gorgeous but I'll admit I'm a little biased, so I figured a baby wouldn't like the middle name Catherine either. Meredith thinks it sounds like an old lady's name"

Ms. Evans nods thoughtfully. "That makes sense; I love Catherine but I don't want to stick the girls with names they'll hate"

"It's good that you're thinking long and hard about it; it's better to think awhile then give the kids a god awful name"

She nods respectively, then struggles to sit up. I help her stand, considering she can't see her feet, and she laughs.

"I can't remember ever being this huge with the twins"

"Double the babies, double the fun"

~

After I made my rounds to all my post ops and pre ops, checked out everyone who was sent up from the ER and did a few routine ultrasounds, it was only two in the afternoon.