Twenty nine: A Day Of Sisters

Addison's POV:

"It was nice that you let your dad stay and talk for a bit" Meredith says the next morning, as we brush our teeth together in the bathroom.

"Yeah, well, if he dies I want to be in the will" I mutter, as Meredith elbows me in the ribs "I was kidding" I tack on, seeing the glare she's shooting me.

"Addie baby, you're a good person and I know it was hard for you to do that for your Dad" Meredith spits and then talks again "I know I wouldn't be able to talk to my Dad and show him wedding pictures like that"

I shrug "Your Dad is remarried with two more kids that he raised. He didn't raise you, you don't know him"

Meredith shrugs and puts her toothbrush away. "You're right. He isn't much of a Dad to me and those girls aren't really my sisters. I don't know them; they aren't family"

I kiss Meredith softly "I love you, and you know you've got me, family or no family I'm yours"

She smiles and kisses me back "I love you too Bunny, but we're going to be late"

I sigh "I haven't gotten cuddled in fivever" I complain.

"Did you really just-"

"Yup and I'm proud"

Meredith laughs "Dork"

"Ah" I smirk "but I'm YOUR dork"

She nods and kisses me once more, we could never get enough of each other these days. "Right. You're MY dork"

~

Later on that day at work, I was visiting Ms. Evans (who was in every other day getting tests run to make sure things were going good for her and the four babies in her tummy that were now twelve weeks old) when I got a page to go down to the ER. Weird, but I complied.

"I'll see you later on, Mrs. Evans. I want to see those twins of yours, too! They were barely two days old the last time I saw them!" I smile at her, and head down to the ER.

There, standing in the ER, was Amelia Shepard.

"AMY!" I smiled and went to hug her. She laughed and hugged me back, a huge smile on her face.

"Addie!" She exclaimed "I haven't seen you in a while! How are you?" She asks.

"Busy, but good" I tell her "what brings you to Seattle?" I ask curiously "I'm glad to see you, but why the sudden drop in?"

Amelia was Derek's youngest sister. She was practically my baby sister too; I explained birth control to her, I took her to get her ears pierced, I took her to her first rock concert. She was family, she was my sister, and I was happy to see her.

And only a tad curious.

"Well" Amelia says "when my brother shows up to New York, without a wedding ring and says you've lost your damn mind and married a girl, I had to come and investigate to see the gossip myself"

I sigh, fucking Derek. The asshole who thinks he has the right to say whatever to whoever.

It's quiet for a second, minus the tapping of Amelia's foot, waiting for an answer.

"It's true" I finally say "we got divorced and I married a woman. Derek's mistress, actually" I smirk

With everyone else, my Mother and Brother and Friends, I had an idea of what to expect when I told them about Meredith. But Amelia....

I'm not so sure what she'll say.

I'm bracing myself for any possible reaction, when she starts to laugh.