Chapter forty three: Hemo-what??

Addisons POV:

A week later, we were still fighting in court with Derek over the baby. The judge, while not able to immediately give Derek full custody, was still not on our side. He was convinced the baby was Derek's.

"Her blood pressure has been high" Meredith told our OB as I laid down, ready for the 25 week ultrasound. We weren't scheduled for one so soon, but I'd been getting dizzy spells so Meredith dragged me to the OB to check on the baby.

"Well that's because I'm stressed on a whole new level" I sigh, rolling up my shirt and letting my baby pudge out.

"The baby is probably fine; you need to make sure to rest and eat properly too, I know you've got a lot going on but drinking enough and eating healthy will help your blood pressure" the OB scolded me, as she squeezed the cold gel into my pale belly.

"I know" I sigh in agreement. I hadn't been sleeping much either; staying up feeling the baby kick was the only thing that gave me any kind of comfort.

"Well, how about we run some tests?" The OB suggests "just to see how the baby is. Test for downs, autism, that sort of thing. It won't do any harm, I just want to be sure that these dizzy spells aren't because there's something wrong, I doubt there is, but just in case. You don't show signs of preeclampsia, so while it very well could be your blood pressure, it could also be something else" the doctor looked around at the baby in my tummy, while I looked over at Meredith.

"I think it's a good idea" Meredith shrugs "it can't hurt; we know we'll love the baby either way, no matter what. At least then we'll know if we should be worried"

I nod in agreement and we both turn to the OB. "When is the soonest we can run the tests?" I ask.

"I have a free couple of hours this afternoon, you should have the results back within the week"

~

"Jesus, why are these things so hard to put together?" I complained, a few days after we'd gotten the tests done. After a long day fighting in court, still with no progress made, Meredith and I decided to come home and put together the baby's furniture. I'd ordered it online and it was finally here and ready to be assembled.

"These directions are in gibberish" Meredith held the directions pamphlet with a confused look on her face. We'd started shopping for the baby before the whole Derek thing happened, and as much as I wanted to keep on shopping I couldn't bring myself to. I was terrified of putting together a nursery that I'd only have to take apart again.

But Meredith was so excited when the furniture arrived...when you love someone, you ignore your own fears just for a little while. And I loved Meredith more than anything on the planet, so watching her face light up made me forget all my worries, even if just for a moment.

"I don't know if it came with all the screws" I mutter, looking around the box. Sitting down, I looked pregnant. My round belly was sitting between my crossed legs and I'd never loved a sight more.

"I don't know if I came with all my screws considering I can put a person back together, but not a damn dresser!" Meredith swore. "Maybe we should call Alex, he could put it together in no time" she suggested.

Sitting back, looking at the scattered pieces of wood around the nursery and still convinced I was missing parts to put together the dresser with, I nodded. "Call him tomorrow; we'll pay him to do it" Karev didn't do anything for just anyone and while he and Meredith were good friends, he actively despised me.

"Bunny, he's my friend we don't need to-" Meredith began to speak, but was cut off by her phone ringing. Frowning, she reached over and answered it.