Chapter: 36

"Aren't you..." I slapped my hand over his mouth before he got the opportunity to finish.

"Not a good time to talk about that, but do you know what time it is?" I asked, hoping he had a phone on him. I really didn't want to miss the taping.

"Two thirty five, but why are you talking to me? I thought you hated me or something, considering you ran out on me," He said, crossing his arms.

"Crap!" I whisper shouted. Taping started five minutes ago and its a fifteen minute drive from here to the studio, and I still didn't have a ride.

"What? Do you have some place to be? Or were you just hoping that I didn't remember you?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Listen, Tyler Posey wannabe, I've got a place that I really need to be right now, so would you be able to drive me there? I don't have a ride, and it's really important!" I said lacing my hands together and moving them back and forth.

"What do I get out of it?" He asked, holding his chin. Like he can't do anything out of the goodness of his heart.

"I don't know, free VIP tickets to where I need to go right now!" I yelled, getting anxious.

"Alright sure, as long as they are VIP," He sighed.

"Yes! Thank you so much!" And then I hugged him again. After a second or two I realized what I was doing and pulled away as quickly as possible, avoiding his gaze.

"I'll be back in a second," I said, and ran off to Coach. I got my medal, and went over to Becca.

"Gotta blast, but I'll text you later!" I said, and I ran off towards my belongings. I threw on my warm up jacket and sweatpants, and went back over to Scott.

"Alright, I'm ready to go," I said, and he gave me the 'okay' symbol and headed into the direction of the parking lot. I was slightly out of breath, but it was worth t because it was the quicker I would be able to get to the set.

I gave him the address, and he put the car in drive. I took off all my medals, and put them in my bag. Then, I took out my VIP pass, and put it on. These particular passes are only given to family members.

I finally let it sink that I was in a car with Scott freaking Hale. The guy I kissed in girl's bathroom at he bowling alley.

"Hey," I said, "What were you doing at a gymnastics competition?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"My little sister was competing," He said glancing at me.

"She's lucky then, my brother's don't usually come to my competitions, and when they do come they complain about it for days," I said, looking out the window.

"Brothers as in plural? How many brothers do you have?" He asked.

"Four. I also have a sister and an almost brother," I replied.

"Big family," He remarked, "I only have one sister as you know, so I can't imagine living with so many people."

"I got used to it fairly quickly, considering I've lived with a group of people my entire life," I sighed, checking the clock. Two forty-five.

"What do you mean, 'you got used to it fairly quickly?" He asked.

"I'm adopted," I said, casting  glance at him.

"I'm sorry," He said, "Did you know your actual parents? Before, you know..."

"No, I don't have a memory, picture, nothing at all, and I kind of like it that way, because I'm happy with my family, and if I knew who they were I probably wouldn't be as happy as I am now," I replied.