Chapter: 21

Rydel's POV

"Good news guys," I said walking into the house, "Jarred has been sentenced to 6 years in jail!" They all gave me sad smiles... Shouldn't they be happy?

"Why so glum?" I asked. No one answered, they just shook their heads. I went up to my room, to redo my hair since it's kinda messy right now, and I found a note on my bed.

Rydel, I don't want to do this, but I have to. I destroyed your family, and I can't stand being here knowing that. I'm sorry, but I have to. Tell everyone I'll miss them, except for Ross, ask him for the details of why I left, he knows every single detail. Don't bother looking for me, because I won't do any good for this family. I will always remember you as my sister, and most importantly, my best friend. I'm gonna miss you,

xoxo, ash

No, she has to be joking. She wouldn't think that. I ran to the closet, to see that most of her clothes were missing. This can't be happening right now. I frantically rushed around searching for my phone. I dialed her number, no answer.

"Ugh!" I moaned throwing my phone onto my bed.

I reread the note again and I figured I'd ask Ross for the 'details'.

I walked into Ross's room, and his back was faced towards me. He was staring at something, I wonder what though.

"Ross?" I asked. No answer. What's with these guys and not answering me today?

I walked in front of him, and he was staring at a guitar. Not just any guitar, but his dream guitar, he's wanted since he was little. I glanced up at his face, and his eyes were puffy from crying.

"Ross, say something," I told him.

"It's all my fault," He mumbled, bursting into tears. I pulled him in for a hug, him clinging onto me.

"It's okay, but what's all your fault?" I asked.

"Why she left," he said in between sobs.

"The last thing I said to her was that I hate her," He said putting his face in his hands.

"What did you do to her?" I yelled jumping off his bed.

"Well, it started because Rocky and Ash kissed awhile ago, and I overreacted, and I said a bunch of horrible stuff to her," he said quietly. "And before she left, she threw this guitar at me, it was supposed to be my birthday present. I just can't believe she left."

"How could you?!" I told him. I stormed out his room, and I threw myself onto my bed. I laid there crying into my pillow for who knows how long, until someone came in and sat on my bed.

"It's okay Rydel," I heard Ell say rubbing my back.

"It'll never be okay Ell, my best friend is gone," I whispered.

Ash's POV

I stepped off the plane, into the New York City airport. I can't believe I did this. But at least I can't screw up anyone else's lives here. I put on my backpack, and I picked up my guitar, and stepped out into the cool NYC air. There was a hospital a few skyscrapers down from the airport.

I wasn't limping as much as I was before, but the limp was still there. I really hate hospitals, but there is no way my body will heal if I don't go. I entered the huge building through the 'emergency room' doors. I went up to the front desk, and told the receptionist, (who's name is Pam), my problem.

"Okay honey, we'll call you back in a few minutes to get you fixed up," Pam said.

I sat down, and turned my head towards the TV that was set up in the waiting room. ABC News was on, and guess what the head topic is.