Chapter: 38

I like Scott Hale. MY Tyler Posey wannabe.

That thought has been floating around in my head since yesterday. I like Scott. I like the most annoying person on the planet.

After the little 'incident' yesterday, Ross hasn't even spared me a glance. I didn't even bother trying to talk to him because I knew it would be almost impossible to get a straight answer out of him while he's angry. Is it even worth talking to him at all? No matter what I say he's still  going to have a problem with Scott and I's relationship, and there is nothing I could do to change his mind.

I made my bed, and changed into light blue high-wasted shorts, a black crop tank top, a black and white plaid flannel, and white converse. I quick brushed my hair and teeth, and spritzed some Victoria's Secret perfume on my wrists.

I went down to the kitchen and grabbed myself an apple for breakfast. I looked out the window, and saw it was pretty sunny, so I got my sunglasses off the table and put them on.

"Okay guys! I'm ready!" I shouted, grabbing my backpack. Monday's stink.

I hopped into the backseat on the right of Rocky, trying to avoid Ross.

Getting out of the car at school today made me feel famous, being that all of us were swaggering into the school.

Not even a second after I exchanged my books in my locker, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me Miss Lynch, but don't you think those shorts are a little too short for school?" Mr Liden asked. I looked down at my choice of pants and shrugged my shoulders.

"Shorts are to be below your fingertips for future reference. Next time I catch you with, as you teens call them, 'booty shorts', you will have afterschool detention," He said, walking away.

I hurried to class, not wanting to be late, again, while ignoring Mr. Liden's attempt at slang.

//

I sighed, walking into last period language arts. I took a seat, putting my book bag on the ground near my feet. When I looked up, I didn't see Mrs. Lawrence. Instead, there was a middle-aged, brown haired lady sitting in the teacher's desk.

I turned to Callie and asked, "Who is she?"

She shrugged in response, and just then the bell rang, signaling the start of class.

"Hello," The new teacher said. "I am your substitute language arts teacher, while your regular teacher is on leave."

I heard a few kids mumble "yes" under their breaths. No Mrs. Lawrence!  She turned towards the whiteboard, and wrote her name.

Mrs. Densing?

What?

I unintentionally widened my eyes, and looked at Ross, to find he was already looking at me.

"Oh my gosh," I mumbled in disbelief. This lady might be my birth mother.

"Is there a problem back there?" The teacher asked. We shook our heads no, and turned away from each other.

//

After school, I sat there on the couch, unmoving. Did I seriously just meet my birth mother? Apparently my face was giving me away, because when Rydel walked in she asked if everything was alright.

I gazed up at her and said, "In school today, we had a sub for language arts."

"Okay, and?" She remarked.

"Her last name was Densing, Rydel. Densing!" I said, trying not to cry. She sat down next to me, and rubbed my back.

"You can't possibly know it's her. It can be another of your blood relatives, but it doesn't mean its her. Who knows? Maybe it's someone who just shares your original last name, and isn't related to you at all," She reasoned.