Chapter: 35

"Let's go ladies! The competition is in one week, and we still haven't perfected our routines! Quit the chatting and start practicing!" Coach shouted. This competition extremely important for state finals.

I sighed, strapping on my grips. I practiced my giants, dismounting with a double layout.

"Not bad, but remember to keep your body fully extended," Coach told me.
I nodded, and walked over to the beam to watch Becca.

I feel some serious sympathy for her, I know how much she hates beam.

She did a backhand spring, but as she landed her left foot slid, causing her to fall.

"Hey Bec, I think it's time for you to take a break, you've been stressing too much," I said, tossing her my water bottle.

"Thanks, I just feel mentally exhausted. I don't think I will ever be good at beam, and I'm just so scared that I'm going to make a fool out of myself on Sunday," She said, putting her hands to her face.

"Hey, we all have our embarrassing moments," I said, putting my arm around her, "Remember last competition I face planted on vault? That was pretty bad wasn't it?" I laughed.

"Yeah, that was pretty bad, but at least you got up and smiled at the audience, if it were me, I would've ran off and cried. But maybe if you do your routine for me I won't feel so bad anymore, and it'll give me inspiration," Becca said with a sly smile.

"I think you just want to witness my awesomeness," I said, giving her a playful shove.

I did a press handstand mount, and proceeded to do a three-hundred sixty degree tuck stand turn. I successfully completed my switch leap.

Several seconds later it was time for the dismount. I took a deep breath, and set my hands out in front of me.

Back-hand spring, back-hand spring, twist! Both my feet landed on the mat without a single jump or step. I finally landed my dismount solidly!

I ran up to Becca, and she threw her arms around my shoulders.

"Way to go! You landed it!" She said with a smile. I smiled back, starting to feel better about the competition coming up.

I saw coach walking up to me from the corner of my eye.

Did I do something wrong? Did I mess something up?

"Ash, I believe it is safe to say that you are our secret weapon on beam. We need you to ace your routine for us to place as a team this weekend. No pressure," She patted my back, and walked off to who knows where.

"Secret weapon huh?" Becca said teasingly, "Can I start calling you nuke?" I rolled my eyes with a smile, and headed over to the vault, my worst enemy.

//////////

"I'm home!" I yelled, kicking off my shoes, and shutting the door. I went down to the basement, hoping to find Rydel down there, but instead I found something totally different.

Ross was on the couch about to kiss that mysterious brunette.

Should I ruin the moment? Or should I not ruin the moment...?

Hmmm, "Hey, guys," I said, dragging out the words, "Have either of you seen Rydel?"

They both jumped away from each other, Ross bumping into the lamp. It crashed onto the floor.

"Mr. Clumbsy, before you get around to answering my question, I don't believe you have ever introduced me to this lovely looking lady over here," I said, with a sickly sweet smile on face.