Chapter 16 - Honey?

"Honey?" I heard a voice grumble as I flickered open my eyes. I felt a mild pain on my leg and I tried to make out what was going on. Everything went silent for a moment as I suddenly became fully conscious again. I looked to the pain and saw a foot standing on my leg, I tried to move away but whomever it was just pressed harder, making it hurt more.

"Now, now honey. Don't try anything." I heard the same voice say. I looked up and saw two men towering above me, one with his foot on my leg. The one with his foot on my leg looked 30 maybe. He had short, almost stubble like, dark brown hair and deep brown eyes to match. The other one looked a lot younger, maybe my age, or a bit younger actually, 18? 19? 20? Something like that. He had blonde hair with bangs that parted in the middle of his face and had sort of lime green with a hint of dandelion yellow thrown in. They both had menacing smiles on their faces. The blonde's one sort of a half-smile, nervous almost but the other... An all-out funny-man smile. I reached for my crossbow but, it wasn't there. I inspected them closer and saw the brown haired one had in slung over his shoulder whilst the other had the bag.

"Lacey, take these." The blonde one yelled into the woods as he took the bag off his shoulder and held it out in his hands. A young girl appeared from the woods, probably around the same age as the blonde man. She had blonde pixie cut hair and green-yellow eyes, much like the younger man. Siblings' maybe? I was still too dazed to think about such minor details. Lacey took the bag and cowered back into the woods slowly.

"Jae... What are you gonna do?" Lacey squeaked quietly.

"Hmmm... Stay out there Lacey. Go look for something or hunt, it'll be over soon." The older man who I assumed was Jae said. She pursued her lips and began walking into the woods.

"And Lace," The blonde guy called.

"Yeah Rob?" She called back.

"Stay safe." He nodded and she nodded back before disappearing into the woods leaving me Jae and Rob outside the cabin, Jae's foot still hurting my leg.

"So, what's your name?" Rob licked his lips crouching down next to me but out of reaching distance. I struggled and tried to get away and got my leg free for a second before Jae lunged at me and pinned me up the cabin wall by my shoulders. I was still sitting down though. I quickly lifted my leg and kneed him between his legs.

"Ugh you bitch!" He yelled through his teeth as he rolled away holding his parts and dropped my crossbow. Giving me a second to move. I lunged and grabbed it whilst standing up but before I could shoot anyone, I felt something cool and sharp at my throat. Jae was still on the floor, gradually getting up. Rob had a blade to my neck.

"Drop the bow." Rob ordered me as he increased the pressure of the knife to my throat. I did as he said. Jae then took the crossbow and placed it well away from all of us. He then got a gun from his belt and aimed it at me.

"Rob, step away from her." Jae proposed and Rob did so and aimed a gun from his belt at me. I raised my hands, not wanting to be shot, as a sign of surrender. Outnumbered and they had more weapons and back up. Damn it Daryl needs to hurry, where the hell he is.

"Go in the cabin." Jae told me sternly. I just stood with my hands still up, staring at the two frightening men. Fully conscious now, I saw both of them looked grubby and messy.

"Now!" Rob yelled as he cocked his gun and nudged towards me.