Chapter 48 - Lost

"What happened? Why did you leave in the first place?" Daryl asked as I rubbed my eyes.
"Woke up and no more than a minute later there was a walker. I couldn't get any weapons so I ran. I think I out ran it but then I heard more but I think I imagined it because no herd showed up." I explained as he nodded along listening. I took a deep breath before explaining everything else I had saw, all the way from thinking a walker had a hold of my ankle to thinking the walker that Daryl killed was Alice. He was completely speechless and looked shocked.
"Oh my god," He said under his breath as he pulled me into a hug again.
"Sorry," I whispered.
"Don't be." He said. "Wait, what happened to Lacey then?" He realised as we both pulled away and began to look around to see any sign of her.
"I - I don't know, she was gone when I woke up, didn't you see her when you were keeping watch?" I stuttered and Daryl shook his head. "We should look for her." I stated.
"Why? She was in a group with two men who both tried to kill you." He scoffed.
"She also saved both of us. Come on, she might've got lost." I said as I went through the bag and got out my crossbow and knife.
Daryl managed to lead us back to where we had last seen Lacey and where the blanket still lay and the plan was from there to track her.
Lacey POV
"They're back." Rob told me as I adjusted the rope around my hands to make it seem more realistic.
"Okay, remember the plan." I nodded to my brother who then started to walk out if view. I waited about a minute until I was sure he was out of sight, then screamed at the top of my lungs.

---------
Sorry is is such a short chapter guys, only a few chapters left though 💙👽