Chapter 19 - 1 Down 2 To Go

Daryl POV

Screaming. It echoed throughout the forest. No other noise to be heard but the painful yelps of a girl. Layla. It only took me a split second before I came charging towards the noise. It was taking me back to the cabin. My ankle still throbbing with pain from when I had fallen over trying to get that deer but I ignored the discomfort, continuing to rush through the woods.

It was a good 5 minutes of running before I found something. A young woman, pixie cut blonde hair. No time to look properly though before I noticed her holding our bag. The bag I had left in the cabin with Layla.

"Where the hell d'ya get that bag from?!" I yelled at her as I raised my loaded crossbow to her forehead. She just stared at me, stunned with surprise for a moment before the screaming got louder. "Drop it!" I ordered her as she did as I said straight away. She had her hands up, surrendering, showing she meant 'no harm'. I snatched the bag and threw it over my shoulder. She was still silent with shaky breath, not answering any of my questions. "Where's the girl you took the bag from?" I demanded an answer but the girl was still silent.

"Look lady, you've got one last chance. Where is she?" I was serious. I wasn't gonna let her go. This is Layla. Time was running out as the screams got louder, it was horrifying, disturbing almost. That's it. I couldn't bare it any longer. I pulled the trigger. The arrow hit her shoulder and went through, a stain of maroon coloured blood leaked onto her t-shirt from the arrow. She too then began screaming.

"ROB! JAE! JAE! HELP! ROB! HELP ME!" She kept repeating as he grabbed the arrow and tore it out, ripping her flesh and making her wound bleed more. I picked up the arrow she had now threw on the floor before she began running away. Holding her shoulder still screaming for 'Rob' and 'Jae'. Luckily, I was a lot faster than her though and as I ran up behind her, whacked her at the back of her head with my crossbow, knocking her out.

"Sorry but, shut up," I murmured under my breath. The girl was face first into the ground so I turned her over so she could breathe then frisked her for weapons, she had nothing on her. I placed a half full bottle of water next to her before... Gunshot. The screaming had stopped. Had she been shot? I then continued to run towards the cabin at full pace. Layla didn't have a gun on her so it has to be someone else.