Chapter 18 - To Kill You

Suddenly, before I could react Jae grabbed my hands and turned me around, restraining me.

"Look, Jodie. We're sorry about this. We really are but... You know we have to kill you right?" Jae spoke calmly. Like it was such a normal question to ask. I squirmed around and struggled, kicking about my legs to try and get free.

"Rob, you can leave if you wish." Said Jae then Rob left then cabin with my crossbow. "So, stop with your wriggling and we can make it quick and painless." Jae continued. He kicked my legs as they turned to jelly and fell to the floor. I carried onto fight though as he used a rag to tie my hands together. "Or as I said, you can be walker bait. We just escaped a passing herd. It would be a shame if we were to stumble upon them again with you with us now wouldn't it?" Jae threatened. To be fair, I would much rather got shot in the head than fed to walkers but overall, I would rather be alive than dead no matter how I die. I'm gonna die sooner or later anyway but I'm not letting some hillbilly sicko take my life so, I carried on the struggle. I began screaming at him, mainly cussing and insults.

"C'mon now pick and choose, I ent got forever." He had a gun pointed at me. I sat with my back up against the wall with my hands tied in front of me. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I just sat there, no weapons and my mind blank. Then. He pulled the trigger. I jumped at the sudden noise, expecting to be dead or expecting pain. No, instead there was a large bullet hole in the wall of the cabin right next to me.

"I'm warning you!" He yelled angrily as he strode towards me so the barrel was now on my forehead. "You're only making it worse for yourself." Jae warned as I only had one chance. I realized what I had to do.

I knocked my head forward, knocking the gun. He fired again but luckily I had knocked it enough so it had made him point it upwards meaning I didn't get shot. Another whole was added to the cabin's wall. I pounced even though my hands were still tied I manged to push him to the ground, the gun going flying to the other side of the cabin. Now a hand to hand fight.