Chapter 17 - Jae & Rob

I slowly walked into the cabin as Jae rushed after me, following closely behind with the barrel of his gun the nape of my neck then Rob behind him. "Sit." Said Rob.

"I'd rather stand," I shrugged and folded my arms, leaning up against the back wall of the cabin with my one foot against it. I tried to act as if we were just friends having a normal conversation. I was trying to throw them off instead of being scared (even though deep down I know I was) but I don't think I fooled either of them.

"So, what's your name?" Jae lowered his gun but Rob kept his aimed at me as Jae edged his way towards me.

"Other than honey?" I remarked sarcastically. "Jodie," I lied.

"Pretty name," He nodded as he got closer, now only about 1 or 3 meters away from me. "So, Jodie who are you out here with?" Jae asked.

"No-one." I answered quickly.

"Liar." He spat bluntly. "The supplies in the bag, it all indicates to 2 people surviving off it, not one girl. There are men's' clothes in there too. Where is he?" Jae was now only a few inches away from me. I could smell the sweat from him. It was revolting, made me want to throw up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied again. I reckon I was a pretty good liar, I'd been doing it for a while since I went into the camp. They didn't need to know the truth about me. Of course, it was nothing extremely bad. I had never killed anyone, been to prison or anything like that. Just little white lies then build up against themselves about my past whenever someone other than Daryl or Merle asked.

"Why have you got men's clothes in your bag then?" Rob called over, he still had his gun pointed at me but was still quite far away.

"They were my brothers." I once again proposed falsely, hoping they would believe me.

"Where's your brother then?" Jae continued.

"Dead. I am alone now. He died protecting me from a herd of walkers." I made up. For all I knew, Daryl could be dead anyway. Jae was now right next to me. I could feel his breath on my skin as he practically leaned right next to me. He looked to Rob who nodded at him then looked back to me and stared me deep in the eyes. The look devilish.

"Turn around." Jae whispered into my ear strictly as I saw Rob steadily near me, the barrel of the gun still high, aimed at my head. I just scowled at them both, maintaining my original posture. If they wanted me dead and just wanted my weapons and bag, they would have killed me by now or when I was asleep. But no, I was still alive even though they could both kill me instantly so I wasn't afraid of being gunned down that very moment.

"Look Jodie, I see two options." Rob began. He was now the other side of me with the cool metal of the gun against my head. He pressed it into my temple as he spoke but I didn't flinch away. "Option one: You turn around and do everything we say..." Rob was then interrupted by Jae.

"Or option two: We use you as walker bait." Jae threatened with a deep, piercing tone.

"I have an idea. How about option three? Fuck off." I spat in Jae's face bluntly.