Slipped away.

(A/N don't play video yet.)

--------------------

Since you left me, my world as been empty. 

It's my fault. 

I should of been paying attention when you stopped eating. 

I should of noticed when I found the pills.

I should of saved you when I found the razers.

But I didn't. 

And I am so sorry. 

Now here you lay.

Silent, just like before but this time I hear every word you tried to scream out but I didn't listen because I didn't want to imagine a life without you but yet, here I am, living this nightmare everyday.

I wasn't asked to make a speech but I needed to find away to tell you how broken I am without you. 

So I'm going to do it the only way I know how, by singing. You always had the most beautiful voice, I would alway's stop everything I was doing just to listen, and it causes me a great deal of pain knowing I will never hear you laugh, see you smile, or hear you sing ever again.

As I look over your friends and family I see you. You made such a beautiful impact in everyones lives and hearts. By your personality you managed to brightened everyones days, even mine when I was at my darkest. 

I now, sing this for you, with a heavy heart, but I don't understand how its so heavy since you took half of it with you.

This is for you, my beautiful best friend.

I closed my eye's and let the music take me away to my happy place, where I could be with you, one last time.

(A/N play video above <3) 

Na na, na na na, na na

I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad

I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Oh
I hope you can hear me
'Cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I've had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

As I sung the last note, not a dry eye was left in the church. I quickly wiped mine away but they were replaced with fresh tears. I turned to you one more time and places a feather light kiss on your forehead. I hovered for a second, praying for you to open your eyes but you did not. I sighed painfully before walking out. 

I watched as a group of your friends carried you out and lowered you into the ground, as my whole world was sent to live forever under 10feet of mud. 

Once everyone had left I hung around, I clutched your favourite flowers in my hand as I sat cross legged next to your grave, the stench of fresh dirt burnt my nose but I didn't care.

I leant against your cross which had your name on it. I grazed my hand over the plaque which also read "I'll always be Standing By." which was always one of your favourite songs. 

I sat next to you all day, I looked up to see the stars had appeared and the sun had gone to bed for the night. 

"I should get going but I don't want to leave you." I whispered to myself, if I left and I went back to that empty apartment, I'd come to the realisation I was alone, and you were gone. I wasn't ready for that kind of pain yet. 

I shivered as a harsh breeze rained over me, blowing some of the petals off, stattering them beautifully over you. 

I knew you where there, I always have, but it didn't make losing you any easier. 

I made a plan with myself that I would come visit you everyday, regardless how late, or how cold or how sick I was, I was going to come hang out with you, just like when you were alive.

Another breeze flowed over me, this time blowing me towards the gate, I smiled as I saw in the distance that some of the petals had landed on my car. 

"Alright," I wiped my tears with a sad smile. "I'm going, don't talk to me that way." I mocked as I slowly climbed to my feet.

I patted the cross before heading to my car. I stopped and quickly returned.

I bent down and kissed it gently, causing some tears to run down and soak into the soil.

"Damn, I miss you." I whispered before I headed home, to my empty, lonely apartment. Even though you are gone, I know you will always be Standing By. I got my phone out and posted a photo of the plague that I had put on the cross.

It read;

"I'll Always Be Standing By." 

and underneath, next to the emgraved musical note, it said;

"R.I.P My best friend, Brother, Son, Band mate, and Husband, Scott Richard Hoying."

------------------------

I am balling rn... Sorry this was so sad... also, sorry its been so long since I posted, I hope you like this, ilysm <3