Once Upon A Time.

Once upon a time in a small town called Arlington Texas lived two boys. But for the point of the story, the man character is called Mitch and the other was his best friend.

Mitch's best friend was an out going, positive, happy guy who was friends with everyone he met. He had two older sister but since he was the only boy, he was the apple of his parents eyes.

Mitch on the other hand was a shy boy who let his anxiety get the best of him all the time, everyone was sure to stay clear of him. He had one older sister who achieved greatness by the time Mitch was born, everything she did, she was praised for. The only thing Mitch gets praised for is living another day.

The only achievement Mitch is proud of is his best friend. They did everything together since they were 10. They lived a couple doors down from each other and even went to the same school together.

At his best friends house, which became his second home, he felt safe. His best friends parents gave him the attention Mitch craved from his own.

When Mitch turned 21, his best friend decided it was time to move away and of course, Mitch tagged along. He wanted nothing more then to see the world and to experience amazing things on his own, with his best friend by his side.

The two boy found an adorable apartment, it was smaller then they would of liked but to Mitch, it was perfect.

They decorated it to suit each of their personalities and by the end of their first week in their new place, it became home.

By the age of 22 Mitch had an amazing job, he was a model for a giant company based in LA. His best friend chased after his dreams and became a singer. Mitch adored his own voice but his best friends voice was addictive.

I'm guessing you've figured out who Mitch's best friend is by now but for the plot of this fairy tale, lets keep him a secret.

And thats what he was. Mitch's best friend was like his own little secret. But it didn't stay that was for long.

One cold day one Mitch's day off, a loud knock came from the front door. Mitch quickly shuffled over to answer it and to this day, he wishes he didn't.

"May I help you?" Mitch looked up at the stranger confused, they never had visitors.

"Yes, I'm looking for-"

"Hey babe!" A familiar voice flowed into Mitch's ears. He looked over the strangers shoulder and saw his saviour.

"Hey." Mitch whispered, his shyness exploding out of him.

"Your standing in the doorway." He chuckled, Mitch blushed hard before quickly dashing to his room.

"I'm such an idiot." Mitch hit his head against the his hand.

You see Mitch has a lot of secrets and most of them, his best friend knew, but not these.

Mitch took in two deep breaths, allowing the blood to leave his cheeks before exiting. His head was down to avoid eye contact with anyone, so he didn't see him stood outside his door.

"I'm sorry." Mitch mumbled until he saw it was his best friend and his anxiety slowed down a bit.

"Don't worry about it, I want you two to meet? is that ok?" Mitch looked up and saw the pleading look on his best friends face, he knew he couldn't resist saying yes. The brunette nodded, his heart warmed when a smile grew on his friends face.

That's Mitchs other secret. Mitch's heart belongs to his best friend, he just doesn't know it.

Mitch sighed before following his best friend to the couch where they other guy was sat. Mitch didn't like him and he didn't even know his name.

"Mitch, this is Alex. My boyfriend." 

"Boyfriend?" Mitch gasped, not caring about the odd stares he got.

"Yer, we've been seeing each other a while and I thought it was time we met." Alex stood up and held out his hand but Mitch looked at it like it was acid.

"How could you." Mitch burst into tears and ran back to his room to where he kept his other secret. His razors.

Mitch has loved his best friend since they met 13 years ago, and since then, his depression was pushed aside until now.

"Mitch come out please?" He could hear the pleads but it was not use, Mitchs sobs drowned them out.

Mitch thought of everything they've been through together and how every moment was a waste of time.

Mitch climbed into the bathtub fully clothed and turned the shower on, it helped trick the boys into thinking he was just taking a shower but it also silenced his screams.

He pressed the metal blade to his skin and slashed with each letter of his name.

S

C

O

T

T

H

O

Y

I

N

G

Each cut was deeper then the last, but after awhile the pain stopped, like his heart.

Scott was perfection in Mitch's eyes. Everything he did, Mitch found was so beautiful. His life was empty and useless compared to Scotts.

"MITCH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" Scott's voice boomed through Mitch's dreaming state, bringing him back to reality very quickly. His arm suddenly screamed out and so did Mitch.

"Im sorry." Mitch started weeping as he curled up into a little ball. Scott jumped into action and he grabbed Mitch and pulled him out of the filled bath and in to the tightest hug he had ever given anyone.

"Why did you do it?" Scott whispered, tears filling his eyes.

"Are you happy with him?" Mitch muttered back.

"What? Why?" Scott chuckled at the question but Mitch needed a serious answer.  Mitch pushed away from Scott too look into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Are you happy with him?" Mitch asked again. Scott nodded instantly.

"When I'm with him, I'm the happiest man in the world." The words stung Mitch's heart but he could feel the words were true.

"Do you love him?" He didn't look up at Scott for the answer.

"Yer, I really do." Scott grinned. Mitch knew what he had to do, it was going to kill him everyday but he couldnt stop this now.

"Go be with him, I'll clear myself up. Don't keep your man waiting." Mitch chuckled as he got to his feet.

"Ok, but first give me the razors." Scott held out his hand and Mitch gave them up without question.

"Thank you for being my best friend." Mitch pulled Scott into the tightest he'd ever given before stepping back.

"Thank you for being my best friend." Scott kissed Mitch's head gently before letting him go. 

Mitch watched as his heart walked out the door to be with someone who had his own heart. It hurt Mitch everyday. Mitch made a promise with himself that moment, he had to live everyday, not for himself but for Scott. He wanted to be there to see every achievement Scott does in his life, because without Scott, Mitch wouldn't be alive. How do we know this? Because I'm Mitch.

It's been 3 years since Scott found me in the bathtub and since that day, Scott became engaged. Scott and Alex adopted a baby boy, his name is Coby Mitchell Hoying-Kirk.

Cute right? I guess I didn't get my happy ending, but Scott did, I gave mine up so he could live Happily Ever After, even though its not with me.

-----------------------------

This is so weird and bad but its just something until I finishing writing other stuff. ilysm <3