Gone, gone gone...

Nicki's POV:

It's been a couple of weeks that I've been pregnant. I can't get used to it all that much but Im coping with it. Brian and I have gotten closer everysince the doctors visit. We have another appointment to go to together soon. Jhamal went back to Trinidad. I didn't feel right with him staying and Gabby thinks it'll be too awkward to be seeing eachother around campus.

Brian was in the shower while I was downstairs eating the breakfast that Chef made me. As I was eating I was looking at a magazine on baby things. Me and Brian aren't really sure if it's a girl or a boy. Hopefully a girl for me, but Brian wants a boy. Im fine with either, but I think a girl is better because it'll be easier buy things for a girl that way. Atleast for me. Brian wants a boy because he already has a daughter.

Brian came down wearing a suit with his briefcase in his hands. (Just in case I didn't mention it in the first book, Brian is a hollywood producer)

"Did you really have to go in today?" I asked him standing and walking to him.

"Yes, but i'll be back in time for the appointment" he says kissing me.

"Okay" i say kissing him back. He left as I went upstairs to get changed into my outfit for my 'get like me' video. I grabbed everything I needed then left. When I showed up Nelly and Ferrel were already at it with their goofiness.

"Hey yall" i say walking up to them.

"Well if it isn't your majesty" Nelly says laughing.

"Nah she ain't no majesty" Farrel says.

"Yeah you right, im the mothafucking queen" i say. Me and Farrel always go back and forth with who runs shit but we cool.

We did a couple of shots for our video. Right in the middle of it I felt this sharp pain in my stomache that made me stop moving completely. I rushed to the bathroom and threw up alittle. Nelly and Ferrel were outside the door checking on me.

"Aye Nic, you alright?"

"Yes" i answered coming out the bathroom. I checked the time, told them i had to go  and then I had to rush to my appointment in order to make it on time. Brian was calling me. I hurried and answered.

"Yes baby I know im running late but i'll be there in another five minutes" i say.

"No baby it's fine. I just called to tell you that I can't make the appointment. My boss wants me and my partner to come up with ideas on this new show" he says.

"Ugghh! Really!? Okay, its fine i guess"

" Yes i know baby, but tell me how it goes okay?"

"Yeah sure" i say hanging up the phone.

I parked my car heading inside. The doctor immediately took me into his office. We had to do a screening of the baby today. He applied the cream onto my stomache and got out his scanning rubbing it on my tummy. After a while of trying to find where the baby is i began to get worried.

"I don't see anything" i say.

He then puts down his scanner and i cleaned myself up.

"Mrs. Maraj has anything happened today? Anything unusual?" He asked.

"Yeah, i felt this sharp pain my stomache that i've never gotten before. After a moment of silence he took off his glasses.

"Im sorry but im affraid you've lost your baby today" he says. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Im sorry mrs. Maraj" he says.

All i could think is that it was my fault. I kept doubting something that was about to become great in my life and when i get to warm up to it, i lose it.

"Can i go now?" I ask alittle shaky. He just nodded. I grabbed my purse and left out slowly. I felt like dying. I went straight home throwing my things on the floor and headed to kitchen. I got out a bottle of red whine and a glass. I sat at the dining room table and drunk up til Brian got home. Thinking about all that happened i started to cry.

Brian's POV:

I was waiting to hear back from Nicki about the doctors appointment but she never told me. When i went home i nearly tripped over her things.

"Nicki!" I yelled out. She didnt reply. I was about to just head upstairs thinking she was sleep but i heard sniffs coming from the dining room. I went in and saw Nicki crying with a class filled with wine and the bottle almost empty.

"Nicki whats wrong?" I asked. She didn't answer for a while then said "i lost the baby".

I took a seat and sat there thinking.