Chapter 10

Hey guys
There's a picture of Keyna and the dress she wore.

Remember to comment, vote and share.

Thank you

--------------------------------

Keyna's POV

The week went by quicker than I expected and it was quite uneventful except on Wednesday when Joanna arrived and we went out to our favourite bakery and caught up with each other.

Today was Saturday and I got up at ten o'clock. I ate my breakfast as I watched cartoons and had a shower. The weather had drastically changed and it as no longer as cold as I thought it would be. The ice and snow had started to melt and the sun's rays would occasionally appear.

I got into gray yoga pants and a pink sweat shirt and got into my car and started driving to Joshua's parents mansion where the party/gathering was to be held. One and a half hours later I parked my car in front of the gigantic mansion and got out.

I saw Kalisa run out of the house and down the stairs and embrace me in a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you made it. Let's go inside," she said as she pulled my hand.

When we got in, I hugged my to be brother -in- law Joshua and his mother. He left and said he had some things to attend to and after having a cup of tea with Kalisa and Joshua's mother, we set off to work.

We gave instructions of where what was supposed to be and how it was suppose to be and after a while, everything was set. We were in a guestroom where Kalisa and Joshua usually stay when they came to visit and she had laid so many dresses on the bed.

"Which one do I wear?" She asked for several hours.

"Whichever you like." I would reply.

"But what if its not good enough?" She asked in worry.

"Trust me you can rock anything." I would say.

Kalis unlike me had a lighter skin tone than mine and light green eyes compared to mine. She had gotten them from our father. She was slightly taller than me and she had such a perfect body. She was a model off course as had been her dream all her life.

Joshua on the other hand was a white, blonde haired, brown eyed businessman. They had met two years ago in a friends party and started dating the week after. They were the cutest couple that I knew.

After a lot of deliberation, Kalisa finally picks out a red gown with lace on its bodice and it had a thigh high slit.

"Don't wear anything that look familiar to this. I don't want you outshining me okay." She said as she got her hair straightened.

" I won't. I promise."

Kalisa had a fear that if I wore something similar to her that I would outshine her because she claimed that I was prettier that her and that was clearly not the case. We grew up wearing similar clothes and doing our hair the same way and people would think we were twins even though there was a three year difference between us.

I looked at the time and it a few minutes past four.

"Look at the time. I gotta go." I said as I stood up from the couch.

"Go? Go where?" She asked.

"Go home to get dressed." I said.

"Don't leave me alone. I'll get bored." She complained.

"You'll be fine. I'll be back in a few hours."

"Okay bye." She said as I began walking out of the room. " wait Keyna."

I turned around and faced her as I leaned on the door frame.

"What?" I asked.

"Wear something sexy. Who knows maybe you might meet your future husband here." She teased as she tree a wink at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the house.

There was a problem with my family members especially my mother and my sister. They thought I was lonely because I had no significant other and I wasn't interested in one. Everyone else in my family was dating apart from my mother and me. She thought I would die lonely because I wasn't interested in men but honestly I was.
I went out on a few dates here and there but I just wasn't ready for commitment. Not after my heart was shattered into a million pieces.
I wasn't ready for such pain again.

I got home and had a bath. When I was done, I applied coco butter lotion on my caramel coloured skin and got into my inner garments. I put on light make up that consisted of nude lipstick and foundation. I decided to apply light blush and eyeliner and when I was done, I got into a black dress.

It had a low cut neck and a thigh high split on one side. I got into navy blue- black heels and tied my hair into a ponytail. I put on ratings and got my purse and left for the mansion at six thirty pm.

On my way there, I got a phone call from my sister.
' Where are you?' She asked with a certain urgency in her voice

'I'm on my way. Give me thirty minutes.'

'Thirty minutes?' She yelled.

'Yes thirty minutes.'

I heard her sigh. ' Okay buy you might arrive when were giving our speeches. Well be at the club house.'

'Okay. Bye.'

'Bye' she said before she hang up.

I drove as fast as I could and I arrived and saw cars parked in the driveway. I parked mine and put on my heels again because I don't drive with heels on and got out of the car.

I was hit by cold air and made my way quickly into the mansion. I went to where I could hear voices and laughter and saw my sister on stage looking ever so angelic with Joshua by her side.

"Oh there she is." She said as we made eye contact.

"Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce my sister and my best maid, Keyna Bishop."

Suddenly there were loud applauses and I found myself walking slowly to the stage, cursing under my breath.

Why did she have to do this? Oh I know why. So that everyone can see me and then they think they'll have a chance with me. That is so like her!

I got up on stage and hugged her as I whispered into her ear.'I'll get you back for this.'