Chapter 32

Hey hey
There's a picture of Kim. Its been long since we've heard about her.
Hope you had a great week

Did any of you hear Drake's new album? Its so fabulous.

Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter. Vote comment and share
Thank you :)

-------------------------------------

"Keyna dear, please pass me the salt," said Cathy, Keyna's mother.

She did as she was told and returned to the sink where she was washing the utensils that were dirty.

It had been two weeks since their date in the park and both of then were so busy that they were unable to see each other during the two weeks. He was in Dubai where he was working with new investors and she was working more than before because she fired two of her employees and had to do the work they hadn't done. This didn't hinder them from texting each other nonstop everyday and calling each other at night and he would talk to her until she fell asleep.

It was a Sunday off course and she was helping her mother prepare lunch as usual after church. An hour later all of them were gathered around the dining table and after a short prayer, they all began eating the meal in front of them.

"Mom did you hear that Keyna has been dating?" Asked Kalisa from where she was seated next to her husband Joshua.

"What no!" Said her mother in amusement. She turned to Keyna and asked who it was.

At that moment, Keyna felt like shrinking and not being the centre of attention, she hated being the centre of attention. Everybody turned their heads to her and they were all so curious to hear who it was. It was the first time in a long time that she was in a supposedly serious relationship and they all wanted to know who it was.

"Its Malcolm." She blurted out and heard her mother who was sitting next to gasp.

"I knew it," she heard Kim and Kalisa say at the same time.

"When did you start dating?" Asked Kim curiously.

"About a week ago." She said as she played around with the food on her plate using the fork.

"Do you like him?" Asked Kalisa.

"Yes. I do. He makes me happy. Happier than I've been in a while," she said as a small smile crept to her face.

"Its about time Keyna dear," said her mother. "I'm so happy for you," she said as she squeezed Keyna's free hand.

"Tell us more," said her brother Chris who's seemed to be on edge

"I'd rather not. And anyway there's nothing much to tell," she said as she smiled and stood up and took her empty plate to the kitchen.

She felt a presence behind her a while later and turned around to find Chris. She was about to begin complaining but he stopped her.

"No need for that Keyna. Look I know that you don't like talking about your life and stuff and I understand that you are a private person. I always have. And I'm happy for you.Very happy. If he makes you happy then I'm happy but I've heard things about him. Nasty things and I just want to tell you to be careful around him. I don't want you to get hurt ever again," he said as he looked at his sister with honest eyes.

"I know. But don't worry yourself about it Chris. I'll be fine. I have a feeling that he's a good one," she said as she hugged her brother who had always been so protective of her and her sisters ever since their father died.
--------------

"Malcolm. What are you doing here?" Asked Keyna as she opened the door to meet him standing with a box of pizza in one hand and a grocery bag in the other. He studied her in her Pajama's shorts, vest and a curlers in her hair.

"I wanted to watch a movie with you. Its Friday night right," he said with a wide smile on his face." Are you going to let me in?"

"Oh I'm sorry.Come in," she said as she ushered him into her cosy apartment.

He walked to the living room and put everything on the table while she went to get some plates and glasses.

"I should have called and told you. I'm sorry for just showing up,"he said as he sat down on the couch and stretched.

"No its fine. I'm glad that you brought food. I wouldn't have let you in otherwise," she said earning a grin from him.

"When did you get back?" She asked as she sat down next to him.

"Today morning. I should have called yeah? "He said.

"Yeah but its alright."

"I missed you," he said as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you too," she did as she smiled at him and her heart melted.

They ate and drank soda and watched a movie together.

"Are you free on Friday night?" He asked as her head was on his hard yet comfortable shoulder.

"Yeah. Why?"she asked looking up and meeting his brown eyes.

"I have this ball that I'm attending.My parents are also attending and I would love it if you would be my plus one," he said putting the movie on pause.

"Where? What time? What should I wear?" She asked looking back at the screen.

"A friends mansion in Beverly hills at seven. I don't know. You'll look good anyway in whatever you choose to wear," he said as he smiled at her.

"How helpful," she said as she lightly punched his chest, "Fine. I'll accompany you but be punctual if you're picking me up," she said smiling at him again.

"I promise," he whispered into her ear.

They found another movie to watch and halfway through the movie, he heard her soft snores. She had fallen asleep because she was comfortable and tired. He switched the TV off and carried her to her room. He put her softly on her bed and covered her up before closing the door and clearing the mess they had made in the living room. When he was done, he left apartment and walked to his Audi that was parked outside. He got in and began his long drive home.

When he arrived, he had a shower for obvious reasons and got into bed. He pulled his phone from the counter beside him and texted her.

Good morning my dear. I hope you slept well. You fell asleep on the couch so I put you in bed and cleaned up. You don't have to thank me. I'm that great;) Hope you have a good day. Mine is going to be extra busy. So many meetings :( Ill call you soon though. Don't miss me too much ;)
--------------------------

I'm sorry for any errors and that its short.