Chapter 46

Hey hey. So this is the last chapter. Thank you all so much for encouraging me throughout this entire process.Thank you so so much.

Oh and remember to share the story with your friends. Thank you.

 Hope you enjoy the chapter.

----------------------------

They were back in New York and it had been almost a month since the incident. Patrick was sentenced to life in prison after they did some digging and found out that he was a fraud and he had stolen millions of dollars from the various companies he had worked for.They also found that he owned four guns illegally and that he had murdered a man he used to work with, ten years ago.

Keyna had been able to recover emotionally and she was now better. Troy was also better after he was told all that had happened when he was unconscious and his near death experience. It was a Friday night and there was a ball at the town that her, her family and her friend were going to attend.

She got out of her bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head and her body. She moisturized her skin before putting on her undergarments and a robe before she applied make up.She then tied her hair into a neat bun before slipping into a red trumpet dress that had lace all over. It looked beautiful on her.

She put on heels, applied some perfume and carried a purse that complemented the dress. She heard the bell ring and knew that it was Malcolm. She looked at herself once more in the mirror before going to open the door.

He starred at her and her beauty and he was awe stricken.

"You look so.. so beautiful Keyna," he said giving her a bouquet of flowers. "For you," he added.

"Thank you," she said inhaling the sweet smell of the roses that Malcolm had gotten for her. She found a vase for them and put them in. She had so many flowers all over the house because of him but she loved it.

He took her arm and led her out to the car where he opened the door for her before slipping in to his side and driving off to their destination as they talked and laughed.

On, arrival, he took her arm again and led her up the stairs to the large building filled with people dressed in expensive attire. Malcolm led her through  the guests and to her family where she hugged her mother, sisters and her brothers.

They talked and laughed. They drunk and ate and socialized. It was really a pleasing night. Music had started playing and most of the people were on the dance floor, dancing with their loved ones.

"May I have a dance," asked Malcolm holding his hand out to her.

"Yes you may," she said taking his hand.

He led her out to the dance floor and placed his hands at the small of her back while she wrapped hers around his neck. They moved according to the rhythm of the song as they looked at each other and talked. He cracked a joke once in a while making her laugh and flash a dimple.

"You are so beautiful," he said and she thanked him.

His palms started to sweet as he thought about what he was about to do and how he was about to do it. He had practiced his speech in front of his mirror several several times and now it was time to do it. He wanted to keep it brief and straight to the point.

"What's wrong?"she asked noticing that he was acting strange.

"Nothing," he replied.

"Are you sure?" she asked warily.