Chapter 26

There's a picture of Kalisa's dress
Enjoy the chapter. Vote ,comment and share.

Thanks.

--------------------------------

They danced a bit more and talked and laughed together as the night grew older.The newlyweds had left an hour earlier to their month long honeymoon in the Bahamas.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have such an adorable laugh?" He asked.

"No not really." She said avoiding looking at his eyes.

"Well I'm telling you that you have a very adorable laugh." He said looking down at her face.

They were now closer. His hands were on the small of her back and her hands were around his neck.

She blushed and thanked him.

"You must be tired. I assume that its not that easy walking around all day with those high heels that you have on. Am I right?"

"You are. But I want a drink."she said

"Are you sure?"he asks.

"I'm not that much if a lightweight okay. So come on let's go," she said as he pulled him to the bar.

"Two glasses of wine please," she said to the bar tender.

They talked as they drunk and soon she went around the house bidding everyone goodbye and walked to the porch where he was.

"Can you drop me home?" She asked.

"What?" He asked turning around to meet her eyes.

"Please can you drop me at my house? I don't have my car and Kalisa isn't here. So can you?" She asked.

"Off course." He said with a wide smile in his face.

He had really enjoyed spending the evening with her even though he tried to hate her because he refused the thought of falling in love. Yet he found himself so interested in her and couldn't stop staring at her throughout the drive.

"Can you stop that?" She asked looking at him.

"Stop what?" He asked as his eyes were focused on the road.

"Stop staring at me. You always do that. Why?" She asked still looking at him.

"Its a habit." He says simply.

"Well stop it." She says.

"I can't sweet heart. I simply can't. Oh and trust me I have tried but there's just something about you that just makes me want to stare," he blurts out as he curses himself mentally for his stupidity.

She replied his words in her head before looking at him again and thinking of the right thing to say. "Is that a complement I hear?"

"Don't get over your head princess. It was just a statement." He said as he smirked at her.

A few minutes later he pulled up at the parking and parked his black Mercedes.

She thanked him and got out of the car and so did he. Before she could protest he began speaking.

"Look I know you want to ask what I'm doing but I just want to escort you to your apartment and make sure you're safe."

"Buy I'm just going through the lobby and up the elevator. What could possibly happen to me?" She said in protest.

"Well its too late to refuse my escort sweetheart," he said as he pulled her into the building.

She pulled her hand away from him angrily knowing she had lost the battle and walked in front of him up to the elevator. When they were in, she pressed the tenth floor where she lived and they silently made their way there. When they got off, she walked in front of him again, swaying her hips until she reached the door of her apartment.

She pulled out her keys and opened the apartment door, took one step inside and turned around to meet his brown eyes.

"There see I'm inside and I'm safe. Happy now?" She asked.

"Yes. Very," he said.

"Well then in that case goodnight." She said closing the door.

"Wait." He said.

"What now?" She said widening the door.

"Can I have some water?"

She looked at him rolled her eyes and let him inside.

She took her heels of and stretched her toes in pleasure as she walked to her kitchen,took a glass and opened the tap letting the water fill the glass. She turned around and was jumped in shock as she saw him close to her. A few centimetres away.

She handed him the glass and watched as he drunk the water and when he was done he handed the glass back thanking her and she turned to wash it.

"Is that it?" She asked as she wiped her hands on a cloth.

"I believe so," she heard him say from behind her.

She quivered at how close he was. She could smell his manly minty musk and could hear his silent breathing.
She turned around and he was closer to her than ever before.

They both stared into each others eyes, searching each others eyes until he placed his hand on her soft cheek and pulled her in for a short but passionate kiss that left her lips tingling with joy.

He pulled away and searched her eyes once more before taking a step back expecting her to about and throw a tantrum and hurl insults at him but she didn't do any of this. She just starred at him shocked at herself for letting her guard down and for actually liking the kiss.

"Well ...I....Uh... I should go," he said as he pointed at the door, " Goodnight sweetheart take care and don't miss me too much," he said as he walked out closing the door behind him.

She remained firmly rooted at her place and ran a finger through where his lips had touched amused at how good the kiss felt as he went into his car smiling that he was one step closer to having her.

Or so he thought.

--------------------------------------

Here's another chapter.
I hope you enjoyed it

I'm so happy that they finally kissed.

See you soon :)