Chapter 35

Hey hey hey
Hope you all are doing great.
Here's the last chapter for this weekend. See you soon.

I'll update as soon as possible I promise .
---------------------------------------------

The week started out slow which was unusual for her. She was used to the store being busy on Monday. She sat silently on a stool reading a magazine while Troy was on the phone with his girlfriend and Ashley was yet to arrive.

He sat in his office, signing contracts and drafting deals, so absorbed in his work that he didn't know anything that was going on at the moment apart from his work.

"Let's go for lunch," said Troy after Ashley  had arrived five minutes ago. It was now one in the afternoon.

"Sure where?"

"The bistro a few blocks away," he said putting on  his leather jacket.

"Okay, give me a minute," she said and went to grab her purse and phone before they left.

They opted to walk under the warm sun, making it a twenty minute walk and when they arrived they had to wait five minutes for a table because it was packed.

"Finally," she said as she sat down and ordered for a bottle of water.

They talked and caught up, since they didn't have the chance because he had gone to visit his family in Vancouver for two weeks.

"What's that? Did he propose or something?" He asked looking at the ring she was wearing on her finger.

She blushed before she said no," its just a promise ring. Not an engagement ring."

They ordered fries and burgers with soda and it came fifteen minutes later. They talked as  they ate, laughing loudly and causing some people to stare at them with displeasure.

"Oh God I've missed you," she said laughing at a lame joke he had said.

They talked for hours and time went by so quickly they  didn't realise it. They split the bill only because she insisted on it and began their long walk back.

They had been gone for nearly three hours and when she walked into her store she was shocked to see construction men outside and men clad in expensive Armani suits inside.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?"she asked placing a fake smile on her face.

"Miss Keyna Bishop I presume," said the grey haired man. She nodded  and looked at Ashley who was nearly shaking with fear.

"How may I help you?"she asked again.

She watched as the other man who she assumed was some sort of assistant pull out thick papers from his briefcase. He handed them to her and she took it raising her eyebrow and wondering what on earth it was.

"What is this?"she asked.

"Documents that confirm that this store is no longer owned by you but instead it is owned by one of the largest companies in New York. You shall no longer be the manager but if you still wish to work here we can work out a plan for you and your little friends here," he said looking at Troy and Ashley." Furthermore we would like to have you evacuated in two days time so that this place is upgraded. If you wish to be the manager still then you and your employees shall only be able to keep fifteen percent of the profit made although you will have to answer to a superior so you won't really be the person calling all the shots."