Chapter 16

Hey.

Remember to vote, comment and share.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Ps I'll be gone for a while because I have exams. So see you later :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyna's POV.

I was exhausted. It had been a long two days for me. Business was booming and we recorded significant profit. I was so busy, so many thing to do and such little time. It was now Thursday evening and I was in my car driving home. I had left Troy in charge of the store while I was gone and I spent half the day with Joanna at the mall and the other half at work. I rubbed my eyes after I had parked the car an tried to fight my sleep. 

I made it up to my apartment and locked the door behind me. I took off my sneakers and put my bag down. I walked into the kitchen and opened my fridge and pulled out the leftovers of the lasagna that I had last night and put it in the microwave. A while later, I pulled it out and went and sat down on my couch as I devoured it while watching Tv. When I was done, I washed up and walked into my room. I pulled out a  suitcase and placed it on my bag and slowly began filling it with what I would need while I was away. An hour later and a couple of songs later, I was done. I zipped it up and placed it down.

 I then had a quick shower and got into my night dress and slipped into my sheets. I was checking my emails and replying messages when suddenly my phone vibrated. It was a new message. From him.

I sighed as I wondered what he was doing texting me at nine at night. I opened the message and it read:

Are you ready? I am. I'm excited. Hope I get to sit next to you during the flight ;)

I sighed again. What was wrong with him. I chose not to reply and a few minutes later, my phone vibrated again.

I thought we agreed that you wouldn't be ignoring me anymore. Right?

I replied: We didn't have such an agreement. Stop making things up.

Oh come on sweetheart. Why you so mean to me?

Just stop okay! Stop calling me sweetheart. I thought we had a deal about that.

Oh did we now?

Yes we did. Just leave me alone. Goodnight.

Going to sleep so early? Any way goodnight. Don't dream about me too much ;)

Oh the nerve of this man. I played some candy crush before finally saying a prayer and falling asleep.

The following morning, I woke up at seven. I had to be at the airport by eleven and I began getting ready. Thirty minutes later, I was in a polo shirt and jeans even though I would have preferred to wear sweatpants. I pulled my suitcase into the taxi that was waiting for me and two hours later I arrived. I paid the man and got out. I saw them, in a small crowd not so far away from me. I  made my way to them and greeted all of them. 

One and a half hours later, we were seated in the plane ready for take off. I sat next to the window and next to me was one of the other bridesmaids whose name was Lexie. She was red haired and full of life. She had a contagious smile and she had a kind heart. I put my laptop on and put my earphones on and became detached from the rest of the world as I watched grey's anatomy. Yes it was one of my favorite series.

Four hours later. I became tired and decided to look outside and soon I fell asleep. I was woken up by a tap on my shoulder and told that we were about to land. Really? How long had I slept? I wondered. I rubbed my eyes and let out a long yawn and tightened my seat belt. It was now six o'clock according to New York time and I adjusted my watch  accordingly and it was midnight. We hired a bus to drive us to the hotel and then I realized something. Malcolm wasn't around. I wondered where he was. Not that I was interested or anything, I just wanted to know.

We arrived at the hotel and it was one of the most beautiful hotels that I had ever laid my eyes upon. It had such an elegant exterior and the interior was even more beautiful. The floor was so polished you could nearly see your reflection and the chandeliers hung so beautifully from the ceiling. We were shown to our rooms by the French bell boys with their interesting french accent. I opened the door to my room and stood amazed. There was a king sized bed in the middle of the room covered with a thick velvet colored duvet. The pillows of different sizes were covered with sheer gold linen covers and they look beautiful. The window was low and one got the beautiful view of Paris clearly. The  bathroom had white stone flooring, golden framed mirrors, a bathtub and a shower.

I pulled out my pajamas and got into them and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I was way too tired to shower. I slipped into the warm sheets and fell asleep.

The following day, I was woken up by my phone vibrating. I looked at the caller ID and it was Malcolm. What does he want now?

I picked up his call,"What do you want?"

"Good afternoon to you too. You want to have a late lunch with me?"

"What do you mean late lunch?" I asked as I looked at the clock. Oh my God! It was  two in the afternoon. "Oh! No I'll pass."

"Oh come on. I'll take you sight seeing." he insisted.

"No. Goodbye." I said as I hung up.

I put my phone on silent as I walked into the bathroom and had a quick shower. I got into black jeans and a lavender vest shirt and put some things in a small bag and got out. I went out of my room and as I was locking the room. I turned around and saw him leaning against the door frame of the room opposite mine.

"Hey." he said casually.

"What are you doing here." 

" Oh,I just got out of my room. It looks like we are neighbors." he said as he grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes and after locking the door I began making my way to the elevator and he followed my. We were the only ones in the elevator and there was awkward silence.

"So are you still up for sight seeing?"

"No. I can manage on my own." I said rudely.

"Oh come on. You'll need a tour guide. I'd be happy to be that." He said.

I turned around and met his intense brown eyes. I studied him, from his figure hugging white shirt that hugged his muscular body, to his navy blue jeans and back to his perfectly shaped face.

"Come on just say yes. I promise I wont tease you or make you uncomfortable. I'll be good. Just for  today."

I sighed and found myself agreeing. "Fine but you better not do anything stupid okay?"

"Offcourse," he said as he grinned at me.