The Haul

The car ride home wasn't bad, but Stana had a bit of anxiety about everything, so she put her hand on Nathan's but was glad when he took the message to keep both hands on the wheel.

"So I'll call Andrew, when do you think you'll want to go back to the set?" Nathan asked.

"Maybe four days, just to get over this, I can call him," Stana replied.

"Alright," Nathan agreed, wanting to be everything but dominant.

"Can we order pizza?" Stana asked, this would be her first meal out of the hospital in around one or two days.

"Yeah of course!" Nathan said, glad she offered, he was never against pizza.

"I'll call it in once we are at your place," Stana spoke, "I mean our place, right?"

Nathan smiled, "yeah, our place."

They both smiled and looked at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes, Nathan turned to the road as he didn't want to crash, but didn't realize how fast they were going.

Their car was speeding through traffic, going about fifteen over the speed limit, in seconds they heard a siren.

The wee woo, acted as a voice if it could speak saying pull over pull over and Nathan used his car to follow the command.

At the next open patch, he pulled over. Waiting for only twenty seconds before an officer came to the car.

"Do you understand why I pulled you over?" The cop asked, he couldn't be more than 25, short brown hair, muscle, normal uniform to match his car.

"Yeah asshole!" Nathan snapped.

"No need for language sir, you were going fifteen miles per hour over the mandated fourty, it's not that fucking hard to follow the damn rules!" The cop blared out.

"Well fuck you pig!" Nathan said as he sped off, Stana in shock.

That was a mere piece of fiction in Nathan's mind, he answered the cops question and apologized in real life.

"Hey," the officer spoke. "Do you know why I've pulled you over today?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't realize how fast I was taking my car," Nathan said, turning his head to the cop.

"Alright, I'll have to-" the cop was cut off by Nathan, and Stana.

"Yeah?" Nathan asked, seeing the cop freeze.

"Your Nathan Fillion! And Stana Katic?! You guys are great on Castle! Hey, take a warning, but would you sign this for me? I have one of the Nikki heat books in my car, would you sign it?"

"Yeah sure," Nathan said.

The cop went quickly to his car, and Stana and Nathan turned to each other.

"A blessing and a curse," Stana said.

"Agreed," Nathan replied.

"Here you go, thanks!" Said the officer, he had a copy of Heat Rises and forked it over to Nathan.

"Alright, what's your name?" Nathan asked.

"Ronald,"

"Okay, Ronald, follow after your goals and speed through the hard times and you'll be just fine." Nathan spoke as he wrote.

Then Nathan passed the book to Stana, along with a pen, and Stana signed her name next to his.

"Thank you so much, ya know, when I became a police officer, this is what I told my girlfriend I would try to do! Get your signatures! Thank you!"

"Alright, so we're free to go?"

"Yeah, go ahead, just try and slow down," the cop spoke, "I don't know if the next guy'll be so nice!" He almost laughed.

"That was unique," Stana spoke as Nathan drove on, this time at 37mph.

"Always a surprise in California," Nathan joked.

"Always," Stana spoke.

"Always," Nathan replied.

Hello! I'm hoping you enjoyed this chapter, it feels like a while since I've updated! Busy school days and weekends, but I really enjoy reading and writing fanfic, so I make time for that! I'll update soon, there are more chapters to come!💛😂💛