Face It

"You know you want to Stana," Toks laughed.

"I really don't! Sure it would be fun, but it's really not my type of thing." Stana replied.

"Come on! I'll take pictures, I'm sure Nathan will enjoy it." Tamala said.

"I'm telling you one last time, I'm not doing this. It's too much!"

"What do you say Stana?" Nate asked. "Please! For me!"

"Fine!" Stana said sarcastically, stepping into a blue race cart.

Nathan stepped in to the seat next to her, and Tamala and Toks watched as the two sped off.

"Ah!" Stana screamed. Her tennis shoes on the pedals, hands on the steering wheel.

"Woah!" Nate yelled, he held onto the side, trying not to crush her or move much.

Tamala's POV
I thought you had to have training for these, but not even a class! Just a quick 'how to' not die. They look like they are having so much fun, or rather, Stana is, Nathan looks like he's going to be sick.

"Why did I do this!" Nathan shouted in a sick voice.

"It's fun! Woo!" Stana pressed on the pedal harder.

"Oh god!" Nate yelled as the cart passed the start once more.

"Only five more laps!" Stana yelled, they had paid $10, and they number of laps they had left was in red digital numbers on a wall.

Nate's POV
This will be a fun story either way, 'hey kids, one time I survived a go-cart crash with your mother at a mini golf course' (okay maybe not that cool, but I do like the 'your mother' part) or 'hey kids, why not that ride? I'll go on it with you, super fast' either way it's an experience. Jeez, my stomach is in knots, but it's worth it, Stana's hair is blowing in the wind, and she hasn't smiled this much all day, or maybe that's just the wind hitting her face.

"Woo!" Stana kept yelling, her hair blew in her face, she was careful to turn.

Nate held his head as though he didn't want his hat to fly away, but he wasn't wearing a hat. Three laps left.

"Eeee!" He yelled like a girl.

"Having fun!?" Tamala yelled as they past.

"Yeah! Woo!" Stana yelled, but she wasn't sure they heard her from the side lines.

"N--" Nathan began to yell, but was cut off. He threw up a little in his mouth. Gross! He thought, taking it in secret. This is crazy!

Stana was watching the pavement, seeing small bits of tire rubber around the car, she wasn't paying attention to Nate.

Nate was losing sight, he held his eyes closed, and it was a relief as the go cart stopped.

"We done?" He asked in a queasy voice.

"Yep! That was awesome!" Stana replied.

Nathan got out of the cart, followed by Stana. He immediately relaxed, but a hard pat on the back from Toks didn't help calm his stomach.

"Oh," Nathan managed to say without being sick.

"Babe?" Stana motioned closer to him, worrying. "You alright?"