Grilled Cheese

When they got into the diner, Stana navigated them to a booth, at the table there were adult menus and a child's menu, along with assorted crayon colors.

"Can I get you anything to drink today?" A waitress asks the two.

"I'll have the strawberry milkshake please, thank you." Stana said.

"And I'll order an orange cream milkshake." Nathan said, he saw it and needed to see what this drink was.

As soon as the waitress left Stana spoke,

"That's an interesting choice." She commented.

"Well you know me, always up for a little variety." He responded.

"I do know you, but tell me more, what is the character of Nathan Fillion?" She said.

"Well, oh that reminds me, do we have work?"

"Oh jeez, maybe," then Stana looked at her phone. "Yep, we do, Tamala has texted me like five times."

"And Seamus called me, let's go after lunch?"

"Alright." Stana agreed.

"Great, so, you want to know more about me?"

"Yes, what don't I know?"

"That depends, have you googled me?" Nathan joked.

"Actually, yep, everyone on the team, including myself, it's a weird thing."

"Hah!" Nathan laughed a little, it was true, he had googled himself as well. "So, as a private life, one not glorified or noticed by the media, favorite TV show is Firefly, even though I was in it its just such a great story. And movie, well, that's hard, Groundhog Day is good."

"Fun," Stana told him, "so favorite song?"

"Hum, the one by Panic at the Disco, L-A devotee, who says I don't keep up with the times?"

Stana grabbed at his face and shook his nose a little, they both started laughing, which released Nathan's inner child and he grabbed the crayons and Childs menu and started drawing, Stana held in a laugh when he stuck his tongue out like a five year old.

Soon after that the drinks came, and the couple both ordered grilled cheese, and made small talk for their first outing date, laughing and cracking jokes, and after a while Nathan checked his watch, it had been an hour and a half, all the food was eaten, and his drawing was almost done.

"So ready to go?" Stana asked.

"One minute." He responded, it only took a few seconds to color the rest of his picture, and throw a fifty dollar bill on the table, they both saw fit that the tip be nice.

"So can I see your art?" Stana asked.

"Ok, but you have to catch me first." And then Nathan ran off closer to the car,

"No fair Nate! I'm wearing heels!" Stana called, but she ran after him.

"Catch me if you can!" He yelled.

"Eee!" She shrieked.

They chased each other around the car, until Nathan surprised Stana and grabbed her from the back, hugging her waist and kissing her neck sweetly.

"Alright you win." Nathan said as Stana wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Ok, now let me see."

"Fair is fair." So Nathan passed the piece of paper over to Stana who looked at it, she thought it was so cute, it was a little drawing of him and her, together, and the CASTLE logo over them, and then under it was a little writing. It read: always and forever, Stanathan as a couple name?

"Yeah, this is wonderful Nate." Stana said.

"Why thank you Ms. Katic." He said.

She smiled, they felt like seventh graders on a first date, filled with love and smiles, Stana felt like with Nate beside her, Kris could really be a part of her past.

Nathan opened the door for his girl, then he jogged around to his side, and eventually started the car up.

"To the precinct?" He asked.

"To the precinct." Stana agreed, and they sped off.

Nathan turned on the radio, for the rest of the way they listened to the song Drops in the Ocean by Hawk Nelson for the rest of the car ride, they seemed to have just discovered what love is: when all the songs make sense.

I will try to update soon, hope you are enjoying🙂🙃😍😍