Living Nightmare

Stana awoke in the night, unsure why. She felt extremely tired, both the kind sleep can fix, and the type sleep can't fix.

"Uh," she gasped as Nathan's arm laid over her. She nudged him, once getting no response, she turned to her phone. It was in her jeans pocket, and those lay on the floor, she gently slid away from Nathan, inching off the bed. She got to the point where she could sit up in their bed. Stana pushed the covers off, and went to the floor for her phone.

It was puzzling why she was so drawn to it, normally she would have rolled back to sleep, but not at this time. Once Stana found her phone, she crawled slyly back under the covers and hid her phones light in a designed arch with the blankets.

"Stana," Nathan grumbled.

She turned to him, Nate's eyes weren't open, but his arm was moving, looking for her. Stana put her phone on the nightstand, and shifted closer to him. She hadn't even gotten a chance to check the time before falling asleep in a spoon with her fiancé.

Stana awoke for a second time that night, although she saw a peak of the sun, so she didn't submit back to sleep. She reached for her phone, and saw a message from a number, with letters mixed in. She had never seen anything like it, the sender's name reading: H8K0B4.

"What tha," she muttered to herself. Not realizing she had spoken aloud until Nathan mumbled.

"Yea," he said more than half asleep.

"Nothing," Stana lied, but she wasn't in any place mentally to have a conversation, she adjusted her focus to all the message, which read:

SK. WE KNOW YOU HVE WANTED INFORMATON ON KB. WE HEVE THIS. FOR A FEE WE WILL SHAR SUME DETILS. 5OOO DALLRS IN A LOCAON YU CHOSE. REPLIE.

Stana's POV

It's unlike me to not want to correct awful grammar, but I don't even know what is 'like me' anymore. It's terrible grammar though. This is torture now, risk my life possibly for clarity on Kris's case? He's not worth it, but I can't live like this. Nate has said himself, "A decision based on fear is the wrong decision," but I don't think he was thinking of this when he said it. The message instructs to reply, but I just can't. And, I don't think Ill be able to tell Nathan this one. It's a lot for my head to take. Sometimes I ask myself mentally, can I have a breakdown now? Jokingly I respond to myself, no, because then people would see. People would pretend to care when in the end, they'll leave you over almost nothing.

Nathan rolled over so his back was to Stana. She found this oddly relaxing, because he couldn't see her eyes, therefore no question of if she was alright. She felt like having a mental breakdown, screaming, yelling obscenities and music lyrics, but she just sat there, laying down, looking at her phone screen that had now gone blank.

Nathan was ready to go back to sleep, knowing if it was an important time he would be awoken by Stana. What he didn't know was her eyes were welling up with tears, but she laid her head back so no tears could escape the prison of her eyes, no broken pieces could show in the world of her mind.

"Uh," he mumbled.

"Yeah," Stana didn't expect to choke on her words.

Nathan heard the concerning tone, and he sat up. Stana didn't care anymore, she couldn't move. He looked at her, hands loose, phone on her chest, her eyes were shut, but he knew she was awake.

"Babe?" Nathan questioned, noticing she seemed upset. "Anything you want to talk about?"

Kate turned to him, she wanted to tell him and about everything and nothing. She wished he could read her mind, then she wouldn't have to speak.

She opened her mouth, but just burst into tears. She laid her phone on Nathan's chest as she curled up into a ball. Naturally Nathan wrapped his arm around her.

Hey! So sorry my update took so long. I lost track of time. I won't go too much into my personal life... But I'm finally on summer break so I'll try to update more. Enjoy!🎶🖊💜