Mini Golf

Nathan and Stana were packed in the car, bodies, sunscreen, both in shorts and t-shirts.

"Well this is a nice summer setting." Stana said as she leaned into her seat.

"It's always nice when I'm with you," Nathan replied.

She smiled, about to start a kiss as the engine roared, but they could save their love for later, they had to get there first.

"What day is it?" Stana asked.

"Thursday." Nathan replied. "Isn't it nice not having to know?"

"Sure is. I just feel like that was something today."

"Like what?"

"I don't know," Stana snapped.

"Okay." Nathan silenced himself.

She was deep in thought. No, the cast party, that's literally like two months from now. Ugh!

Her mind just couldn't go there, trying to block out the thought of Kris, this was a nightmare, could it be their anniversary? No. Stana though, just, no. It's not important.

She kept blocking it out, raising the volume of the music and trying to feel less.

"Hey it's our song!" Nate said.

"Yea!" She tapped her feet to the music. Just what I needed, she thought, no sarcasm, she had Nate. Stana got the push to ignore her old nightmare.

"Come on make it easy, say I never mattered." She hummed to herself with the music, but it was too loud for Nate to hear his fiancé.

"Tonight, the foxes hunt the hounds, and it's all going down, before it was begun." Nate whispered to himself, same rhythm, Stana couldn't hear him.

"We are wild! We are like young volcanoes!" They both burst out.

Stana turned to see a smiling Nathan, he wanted to see her, but eyes on the road.

They kept driving. "Just another ten minutes," Nate mentioned.

Their song was over, and Nate flipped through stations until he found one that Stana smiled at him to let him know she enjoyed.

"Hey baby what you gotta say all you're giving me is fiction," Nathan sang along.

Stana's POV
It really is a special feeling being with Nate. All the songs make sense, and a good laugh watching him when he knows the words, we both end up singing along. But it's really pissing me off! It's been however long, and I'm not getting over Kris, not romantically, I hope he's burning in hell, but emotionally, I can't forget him. The question now is do I tell Nathan?

"Started with a whisper and that was when I kissed her," Nate sang along. He then looked into her eyes, they were stopped in traffic. He whispered, "beautiful." Stana blushed, and then he connected their lips. She felt fire, but a good kind, never, had she known a guy as romantically and emotionally perfect as Nathan.

"How are you so great," Stana asked.

"I'm always trying to live up to what I have, your love, it's my treasure." Nathan whispered.

Why whisper? We're the only ones here, but it is pretty cute. Stana thought.

She blushed. Watching Nathan's eyes admire her, he dusted a lock of brown out of her face.

Turning back to the road, Nate caught a glimpse of Stana, she was playing with her fingers, but her couldn't figure out why.

"You do that when you're deep in thought." He said.