Fifteen

Two weeks later

Shawn ~
Two weeks and Camila hasn't given us any sort of sign of anything. Her sister came last week to check up on her, but she couldn't stay long since she has school in an entirely different state.
My parents had also come in to not only check in on Camila, but also on me.
Camila's doctor took one look at me and said I'm anorexic, which I'm not. Again, I'm not eating because it's just plain rude to Camila.
Also, what's the point of living when the only things that drives me to live might die soon? There is no such thing as "breathing" or "eating" or even "living" without her.
God, am I being selfish? Or am I just being caring for the light of my life?

I need some sort of sign.

The next day
Shawn ~
        Dr. Montte  had recently given me the right to pull the plug on Camila.
How dare he even give me that option.
Pull the plug? On Camila?
No way she's dying on my watch.

However, what if she's going through some sort of agonizing pain? Shouldn't I relieve her of that torture? Maybe she's about to wake up............ Now!
I snapped my fingers at her... nothing.

Holy crap, what if she hates my for allowing her to be in this pain. This...this... Torturous situation might make it all worse. She could be not waking up because this entire process is painful.

So, do I pull it? Take the light out of her eyes? Watch as she takes her last breath? Cry as her heart pumps one last time? Clench her hand as it becomes limp forever?
What if she wants this? To be rid of her just her pain, but mine.

I'm pulling the plug.